Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreams after Stress  (Read 5212 times)

dreamweaver123

• View Profile
Dreams after Stress
« on: October 24, 2015, 06:17:38 PM »
Hi-

September was a very stressful month.  My father was diagnosed with Parkinsons, I had to go into the hospital for my own medical issues and four family members passed away.  My brother and his former wife died  within 2 weeks of each other, leaving behind three children and 7 grandkids.   :'(

My brother and I had a very close relationship but hadn't spoken much this past year because of a disagreement.  We did hug and talk at his ex wives funeral.  His last call to me was thanking me for words I spoke at the services. Now,  since he passed, my dreams have been far more vivid than usual.  I've probably stated on here before that I have an inability to visualize in waking life..and I don't usually remember many dreams. So this has been unusual for me. I've had two dreams with my brother.

The first dream happened within a day or two and didn't contain me at all.  It was my brother, at different stages of his life hanging out with friends and different women that I'd never before seen.  That was the entire dream.

The second (more important dream) my brother looked to be in his late teens or early twenties (he was 10 years older than me).  We were in a body of water where I couldn't see land.  He was holding me. In life he was an excellent swimmer and very protective.  He told me we were going underwater, not to worry, he had me.  He then told me to breathe in the water and open my eyes, assuring me it would be okay.  I began to relax and was going to do as he said.  He sort of bobbed up before we were going to dive down and at the last minute I saw that he held his breath and closed his eyes.  This made me fearful, so I closed my eyes and held my breath too.  I woke up feeling like I couldn't breathe and crying. 

Every night since (for the past two weeks) I've had very vivid dreams about people I haven't thought of in years.  In particular, I've dreamed a great deal about ex-boyfriends.  Some of these people I've willed myself to dream about over the years but couldn't.  But now it's like everything is just flooding in....and of course, I want to dream about my brother instead. 

Any thoughts or on the second dream in water? 

Thank You-

A-

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreams after Stress
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 10:56:43 AM »
A – The second dream seems to me to be a clear communication with your brother.
The reason I say that is because our universe is basically a huge consciousness or as I have sometimes called it, sentience. But is has two other building blocks, wisdom and love or bliss.

Because it is difficult to have a clear picture of that, in dreams we often show it as a huge ocean – as your dream. But often we are so focussed on the needs of the physical world, when we are in the inner world/dimension of dreams, we feel all the fears and anxiety usual in our waking life.

Whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind. So you cannot be hurt in your dreams. You cannot drown, you can’t die in a dream, no tiger or other animal can harm you. Of course you can feel feelings of dying, or being hurt, or drowning, but they are all images you create because you feel afraid and you haven’t faced up to your fears.

So your brother was trying to take you into the dimension of dreams – going under the surface – your waking fearful and often stressed or painful self. You didn’t need to hold your breath in dreams, but your fear led you to do so which made you wake up crying and feeling you couldn’t breathe, which was true. Fear does awful things to us.

So to be ready to follow your brother in the world he exists in totally at the moment – the inner dream world and its amazing dimensions – get the feeling you had in the dream of going under the surface but continue to breathe.

Of course you are having masses of dreams because your brother broke you through the curtain between the physical consciousness most people live in, the inner dimension that is foreign to most people. So you are catching up on your inner housework of integrating your past experiences. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

Good luck on your inner adventures.

Tony

dreamweaver123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 02:48:05 AM »
Hi Tony-

Thanks for your thoughtful review / analysis.  I am experiencing greater dream recall and feel I'm processing feelings from years ago.  As I previously stated, I'm dreaming a lot about people I've not talked with in years.   

The only dream of my brother since my last post happened a few nights ago.  I was in a park after dark.  There were two lights on either side of a bench.  As I approached the bench I saw two coats; one lying slightly over the other..like touching shoulders.  One was the coat and sweatshirt he often wore..a jean jacket that was tattered from work.  The second was an exact replica of the coat but brand new.  Sensing a presence, I turned around and he was standing there.  He looked to be early twenties (like the first dream) wearing a gray sweater and jeans.  I was excited because I had that lucid-ish moment where I was thinking "hey, you can talk with him).  But at that moment someone woke me up.   :P  I've not dreamt of him since.   

I have been experiencing more experiencing of seeing flashes of lights and colors as I try to fall asleep.  This is unusual for me.  Last night it was like I was seeing gold fireworks.  When I opened my eyes they continued for a few moments before fading.  I'm assuming this is a dream state and nothing I need to consult an eye Dr. over.   ;D

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 10:43:44 AM »
Dreamweaver -  :) No need to see your eye doctor. It is what many people call the beginning of psychic sight; but we do not have to make anything mysterious, because all such visionary experiences are the dream process breaking through into waking. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/hallucinations/

The coats and meeting your brother is again  another communication without words. The coats represent the outer and worn garments through work and life in the body, replaced by new and good new garments through life after death - brand new. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/rudolph-steiners-philosophy-of-life-and-death/

When we are born we enter a life of duality, change and a consciousness often limited to what we see hear or feel through our physical senses. When we pass through physical death we are no longer a divided being and have a huge awareness - at least it is there if one cares to use it. So explore on; also your life is important to your brother because he is capable of sharing it with you. So any realisations you have will be useful to him, and vice versa.

Tony