Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: secret room  (Read 6536 times)

Dreamtime

• View Profile
secret room
« on: November 03, 2015, 03:11:23 AM »
Hi Tony, I would like to hear your insight on this dream I had a few nights ago. I have been exploring it and have had some success but your insight always helps.

I recall I was at this very old house and it was like a mansion sort of house where men held secret, private meetings of some kind only the men were no longer there anymore. I was in this room on the second floor at the front of the house directly above the front foyer area on the ground floor below. The room I was in had the feel of a library or meeting room of some kind only I don't remember any books. I was there with two other unknown women and I was showing them something I felt was important. I went to the wall opposite the door to this secret switch that opened up the entrance to a secret room that was concealed below the floor in the center of the room.  I wanted to show them how to open it and then I was going to take them down into the room. As I was doing this something else caught my eye - there was this small rectangular area on the floor at the front of the room where I could see down below to the front door. There were metal bars across that I could see through and I noticed that I could see right outside through glass windows above the front door. It was used to see who was coming to the house from the inside. Also, I remember a sense of uneasiness about who might come to the door. Then I awoke before we were able to go into the room. ~DT

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: secret room
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 09:16:05 AM »
DreamTime – I see this as a step forward from the mycelium analogy I used in commenting on your dream – the unconscious part of you that is immense and pushes out your body (mushroom) to gain experience of physical life. I didn’t say last time but mycelium, the underground basis of mushroom and toadstools which are its sexual organs of procreation, is perhaps the largest living thing, covering as a single organism 1,665 football fields in size and 2,200 years old.

The dream was an introduction to the large part of you that is the basis of your present being. So now you are experiencing (yourself) as a large old mansion, which suggests it is an expression of a long past preceding your present life.

The secret private meetings are probably – held by men – are about things that you do not usually allow yourself to know or express to others – an inner secret world. The library feeling links with you having a vast potential knowledge that is also not obvious – can’t see the books.

The whole situation shown you in the dream is important, and you know of a secret switch, a way of switching your awareness or attention to something else that is secret – this is how many of us hide the best in us even from ourselves – what a lot of secrets we have!

This switch allows you to see who is coming into your life. But your intuition tells you that whoever it is it will not be an easy meeting – you felt uneasy. Because the house is old and has a long past, it might be you will be integrating an old past life experience.

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 10:16:35 AM »
DreamTime – It is always challenging to meet the self we do not yet know and let go of the self we grew up with.

The next part is a quote and is a general statement.

“But we have to remember that having a personality with self-awareness is a very new thing and has only existed for a short time. Before that we were like animals that lived only in the Life Will – what we usually call instincts. So the development of self-awareness was an immense step, and left us very vulnerable, and still does.

Many people as their awareness reaches beyond what they feel is their normal self feel scared. Such resistances cause us to create awful dreams and fears as a means of avoiding our own inner world and its wonders. We feel that we will be swallowed up and we will die. It is important to say that when we meet the experience of powerlessness through becoming aware of the hugeness of our Life, which we are usually unaware if, it feels like something alien or attacking, and it is a shock.

When we begin to meet the Hugeness that we are, we often react to it in our dreams or in waking with fear or panic. So we dream of being attacked by aliens or frightening creatures; or being swallowed by a whale or something huge, a tsunami, or even possessed by evil entities. If we realise that they are things we have created through our own fear, we will pass on. But otherwise it will continue to haunt us as something that will get you; or you feel uncertain even lost in facing it! But it is only our small self-image, our ego that reacts because it feels powerless, even though in reality the Hugeness is part of our totality. It is the enormous potential you have within us, it is Life you are frightened of or have been ignoring.”

I have always found that these meeting end up with feelings of gratitude, wonder and also achievement.

Tony

Dreamtime

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 02:45:03 AM »
Thank you Tony for all you share and all of your encouragement. I really do appreciate it more than words can express. With everything happening within me lately and trying to actually be in the world at them same time it has made things especially overwhelming lately in both a very wonderful way and also in terms of all old stuff coming up. I am so grateful for your books and site because it has been helping so much in this process. ~DT

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 01:30:35 PM »
Dreamtime - Your conch shell dreams says such a lot about the fact you are growing.

If you haven't already seen it, it might be good to read http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/this-is-the-time-of-the-quickening/

Tony

Dreamtime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 03:12:52 AM »
Yes, Tony - as I mentioned in the reply I just finished for the conch shell dream - I started reading that book again the other day for some reason. I have read it before but I felt like it was time to read it over fresh and that when I came across the shell reference. My understanding is much deeper now as new experiences sink in. I think I will probably end up reading that book many times as the years go on. ~DT