Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A conglomeration of dreams in one night  (Read 4404 times)

MagicMika

• View Profile
    • Facebook
A conglomeration of dreams in one night
« on: November 04, 2015, 02:16:59 PM »
I had two (or three) dreams last night that confused me.

In the first one, I was in Florida (I have been thinking of moving there for almost a year now) and, for some odd reason, it had been snowing for a while. The snow had become firm and like ice on the ground. I was visiting a friend (really, the person I've been in love with for the last year and a half, named Chris) in a diner and as we were exiting, we agreed that our next encounter would be a date, but he was stern, serious, and firm during the whole encounter, which is very unlike him. While leaving, I ran into one of my exes (Kenny), who tried to kiss me, but I refused him and the person that I am now casually seeing (Cody) intervened and we went home together and spent the night watching television and holding each other. What I found interesting in this dream is that I seemed to understand that certain things did not quite make sense, and even stated that out loud.

In the second dream, I was performing surgery (I have no aspirations to be a surgeon at all) on a man and was successful. I immediately had to perform surgery on another patient, which ended up being unsuccessful, but not life-threateningly so. (This felt like a separate dream.) I exited the hospital and I found myself on a mountain and was surrounded on either side by two different tribes who were praying for the recovery of my 2nd patient. The one tribe was praying to some god and the other had boys about 11 years old that were dipping certain toes on certain feet (pinky, second and big toe on the right feet, second and third on the left feet) into lava while older adolescents were dipping in whole feet and elders chanted prayers. After observing for what seemed like several minutes, I turned and entered the hospital.

I am wondering if the dreams are related at all, and of course, what they mean and possibly why I would dream them.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A conglomeration of dreams in one night
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:37:06 AM »
MagicMika – Your dream seems to be about exploring or experimenting with different relationships. In dreams we can do this because unlike waking life we can do
almost anything, because you exist in a virtual reality world. Whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear.

So all the men you dream about are creations of your own mind drawn from memories and your fears, desires, likes and dislikes. So of course some things do not make sense to your waking mind.

It is difficult for me to say a lot about your first dream because each character would need what you feel or associate with them. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/

But you could ask yourself why in your dream world you refused to kiss one and spent the night sitting holding another.

Most of us interiorise our morals or beliefs into our dream life. In other words, we take as a truth that what is important outwardly is as important inwardly. So people are as upset by a dream as if it had actually happened in waking life. Such mistakes make us feel things that are ridiculous. This happens with the morals we live with, by and may be necessary in waking life, we try to make them fit to our much bigger and freer dream/inner life and that causes conflict because the two worlds are completely different.

So in dreams about sex we do not have to live by the same small moral world often necessary in waking life. In dreams we experiment emotionally and sexually, so dreams often stand in place of actual experience. In doing so we expand our mental and emotional life without any danger or consequences. Through dreams we may experiment with new experience or practice things we have not yet done externally, such as having sex with a brother or sister, or even an animal. In doing so we are not having sex with the waking life person, but are taking in new levels of experience – for dream animals are actually part of our larger self. Also, many young women dream in detail of giving birth. This function of what might be called ‘imagination’ is tremendously undervalued, but is a foundation upon which human survival is built.

The surgery dream is easier to understand once you realise that in the world of dreams our most intimate fears and longings are given an exterior life of their own in the form of the people, objects and places of our dream. Therefore, our sexual drive may be shown as a person and how we relate to them; or given shape and colour as an object; or given mood as a scene. Our feeling of ambition might thus be portrayed as a business person in our dream – our changing emotions as the sea or a river; while the present relationship we have with our ambition or emotions is expressed in the events or plot of the dream.
Every image and person in your dreams is an expression of your own life process. As such it is alive and intelligent and is something sent to help you. A dream is like a projection from a movie projector, except that you are the projector.

So in the dream you are operating on part of your own male nature, but what changes did you make successfully and then unsuccessfully. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson to find out.

Lava is the basic life force or energy of your life which comes from your core self, so they were exposing themselves gently to its healing power. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/core/

Tony