Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Visitation In My Dream  (Read 4621 times)

Allina

• View Profile
Visitation In My Dream
« on: November 18, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »
Hello, 

I am in search of any kind of input regarding a dream I had the night before last about my deceased husband.  I'm not sure if this is the right forum for such questions but I am wandering if I had a visit from him in my dream.  I have had several dreams of him since his passing but none as lucid and "real" as this one.  I have not stopped thinking about it since it happened and it feels like he really hugged me.   James died very suddenly and unexpectedly about 8 months ago.  I was the one who found him and tried to revive him.   I have been quite traumatized over the whole thing and there hasn't been a day that goes by that I don't relive those awful moments.  I was also the one responsible for making the decisions about his body and that has been equally as traumatizing because I feel like I made choices that maybe he would not be happy with such as organ donation and cremation.  We never really talked about it but either way the intrusions I have about the condition of his body have been horrible.  In the dream he came to me, face to face... he looked so happy and was whole.   I knew instantly it was him and I had such an overwhelming feeling of calm and peace and comfort...even when I woke up.   He gave me a huge hug... I told him I have missed him so much and he said he knew and then hugged me again.  That was it but it meant so much to me... when I woke up I truly did feel like he was telling me he's OK and he's not mad at me.  The only other thing that seemed significant in the dream was he was dressed in an off white garment - almost a pale gray color.   I have also had this worry that he didn't know how much we loved him when he was going.  Even though he didn't say anything other than "I Know" after I said I have missed him so much I felt like he put it in my heart that he telling me he knows we loved him.  The overall mood of the dream was of comfort and peace. It was so vivid and lucid that I believe I actually saw him.  In the dream I knew he had to go but it didn't hurt my heart the way everything else about losing him has.  I was happy he seemed so happy and knowing that has been a comfort.   Thank you in advance for any comments or opinions.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:12:04 PM by Allina »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Visitation In My Dream
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 10:05:33 AM »
Allina - I see I already answered your dream in the posting section - Dear, his body is rather like a vehicle he used, a car, to gather experiences, and when he no longer needed it there was not harm to him in using spare parts.

The feelings you felt about him, the joy and comfort were real. And you should have no doubts about the fact he was with you and shared his presence.

Also it is not really sensible to grieve the loss, because he is now more fully with you than ever before. After death we are fully and always connected to those we love, and your grief is often a pain felt by those who have died Maybe that was why he was dressed is a light grey.

Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/near-death-experiences/

But also read Lynn Russell's book "The Wonder of You: What the Near Death Experience Tells You About Yourself". It gives so much information that will be a constant support to you.

I add that after death people grow and change and so any going simply means they are going through a change.

"All is a dance in the spiral of change. Does not every part of me intermingle with you? Do not my thoughts play at times in your own mind? And you, tell me, are not the strength of my hands and body at times your strength, your power to build and shape? You know my genitals as part of your own body isn't that so? We are always woven together in that way, touching each other, and so on and on into other lives till we see, if we stand back, the whole wonder of the tapestry".

Tony