Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Friend's house.  (Read 4620 times)

tulip

• View Profile
Friend's house.
« on: November 15, 2015, 11:33:10 PM »
Ok,here's a strange one. Im walking along messaging my friends brother on Facebook.I come across a building and quickly realise that it is their house.Although it looks nothing like it.I am with my mum and brother.My mum tells me to say that I am outside the house,but I say,no,I am not supposed to be here yet.She goes to the gates and notices a sign which confirms that it is indeed their house.She wants to go through the gates to the door,but I tell her no.We walk along a side path and pass a window,which looks like an office.I see an elderly gent in the room and I take him to be my friends father.There is a woman too,not sure if she is in the same room as I can't remember.She looks very regal,blonde hair in a chignon.I saw to my mum that this must be my friend's personal secretary.Aware that Im not really supposed to be there,we start to walk back towards the village,where we pass a restaurant.I say to my mum that this must be where my friend works sometimes.

I should point out that they live just outside Paris and I had this dream on Friday night,(all are safe).I have not visited the house yet and I described the lady to him,he doesn't recognise her as someone he knows,also,he doesn't have a personal secretary.Also,the house has walls around it,so I would not be able to look in any windows without being inside the grounds.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Thanks.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Friend's house.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 09:51:08 AM »
Tulip - There is no sense of any danger in the dream, and so I cannot see any connection with the terrorist attacks in Paris.

Nearly always when people dream about someone they know or a strange new person or situation they automatically believe the dream is about that person, situation or animal. But when we think of our friend or partner our thoughts are not them – just our thoughts and feelings about them. So dream images are ways of communicating via our association's not actual things or people. In the world of dreams every person or object or place represents some aspects of our feelings, our attitudes, or our inner workings. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner
Your dream starts with you texting a man, which in dreams means you are trying to start a process of communicating with him. The dream moves on to an image of a house in which your friend lives. We often take a picture of a person's body to represent them, but dreams have a much wider view of this. They see a body as something a person, a unique conscious being, lives in, rather like a house. So the house that you feel doesn't look like it is actually your inner impression of his personality.

Then your mother and brother are actually your inner family influencing you - many people do not realise that they have an inner mother equally as powerful as an external mother. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by loving and living with your mother, and they are what makes you the person you are. This is true even if your mother was never there for you – you still have all the memories of her not being there for you filed under ‘Mother’. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner mother can appear in dreams because you are still deeply influenced by what you hold within you.  The inner mother can also signify what has been received via genes passed on or ancestral influences.

Obviously you feel differently than your programmes from your mother. The rest of the dream you must explore for yourself, for the people in your dream, as explained, are all your personal associations. So try being the elderly man and secretary by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Good journeys!

Tony

tulip

• View Profile
Re: Friend's house.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:38:36 PM »
Thank you Tony.I didn't think there was any link.I was just putting it in perspective.I will go and have a look at the links you have provided.

thanks tulip