Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: a hyena and a cat  (Read 5183 times)

jen123

• View Profile
a hyena and a cat
« on: November 21, 2015, 09:40:34 AM »
Hi Tony

Thank you as always for all the insights that you share on so many things :)

I had a dream last night that I think that needs my attention but I can't quite get the point!

...I am participating in a work program where there is singing and dancing I am lead outside in the bush where another woman comes out of the cabin I was in and takes my hands she looks like someone Iwould label as a 'spiritual' woman she walks away. I become very relaxed and lie down in a relaxation pose. Then I start hearing the sounds of a distressed cat and I follow it into the bush to some large rocks where it sounds like she is but I can't see her. A hyena appears it has the cat in its mouth. I recognise the cat as one a friend used to own that got ran over. I try to think quickly of a way to release the cat. I find a very long pole and attempt to poke at its jaw so that it releases it but it doesn't have any effect and the hyena swallows that cat.

That dream was last night then today on the way to work I came across a dead cat in a carpark that appeared to have been hit by a car. I have been planning to leave the job I was on my way to as i feel as though core parts of myself are being damaged. I'm wondering if it is possible it is all connected.

Jen

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: a hyena and a cat
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 11:27:15 AM »
Jen - You start off moving - dancing and singing - a sign of life expressing through you. Also it represents contact with your core.

Then you are led you out into the bush, a sure sign you are leaving all your civilised or human education behind and are becoming more the 'you' underneath all the programming. This doesn't mean you lose your human soul. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program and http://dreamhawk.com/news/summing-up/#BSS

The woman leading you is most likely your future self. If you can accept that you have a huge but unexpressed self, you can also probably accept that the latent potential, if it is beginning to show in our present life, will be presented as our future self, the self we can become by developing.
Our future self, which is like a baby, which parents can see can grow in the future into a mature woman or man, has similar promise. In dreams it can be shown as a spiritual guide, an alien, a great spiritual being like the Christ, Mohammed or Krishna, or a dreamed of new born baby.
So this leads you to completely surrender in relaxation, which allows you to realise cries of distress from the instinctive part of you - especially your female instinctive feelings. But this part of you - the cat - has already been killed in a road accident and is swallowed by the dream hyena.

Predators usually only devour/kill the creatures that are either ill or not equipped to deal with life well. Considering that every living thing on Earth developed from single celled creatures became plant like and then with movement, we are all, even plants, living creatures. We kill/devour everything to survive. Life feeds on itself and in its wisdom sees not death but transformation and new life.

So I am guessing that you were hurt/run over at some time, and your inner hyena is transforming a weak and hurt part of you into something new. It would be helpful to imagine yourself as the cat and the hyena - also the spiritual woman - to find your inner understanding. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Overall I feel the dream is one of great progress.

Tony

jen123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 06:25:24 AM »
Hi Tony

Thank-you this is all very helpful and led me to places on your website I hadn't read before.

It's given me a different perspective and I think what I was missing about the cat being a cat that I knew in real life had been run over. I am feeling into parts of me that I need to let go of in order to keep evolving and recognising the games I need to let go of that have been validating those parts. I feel as well there is also something about allowing this letting go of or integrating these parts that may no longer be serving me in a way that feels safe and that doesn't feel like I'm running my self over. And perhaps there is something about getting touch with the hyena that feels shameful they are not the most loved of animals! I thought i would always like cats better but time will tell hyenas may become my new best friend :)

Anyway I feel as though this is a dream I will keep exploring for awhile. Thanks you for your interpretation.

Jeni

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 12:33:38 PM »
Jeni – I am always amazed and moved how much depth upon depth we find in ourselves when we explore a dream figure. So I am sure you too will find surprises when you explore the hyena or any other thing.

Tony