Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eggs and spiders  (Read 5823 times)

Dawki

• View Profile
Eggs and spiders
« on: October 20, 2015, 07:56:07 PM »
Hello Tony

First of all, I want to say that I've been using your dictionnary very frequently during the last year, and that it was the most useful thing I found on internet to this this day, I learned a lot thanks to it, so thank you very much

Yesterday I had a very confusing dream, and I kind of know what it is about, but it puts me in a complicated situation, and I don't know what my unconscious wanted me to do exactly

So, here's the dream: I'm in a unknown place, there is just a long road, I have a kick scooter, I'm going rather fast, there is my sister to my left (I discovered through LD that she represented my body /my brain) and my mother to my right, that are running by my sides.

The background changes, now I'm at my childhood's home, in the kitchen (I'm pretty sure my childhood home represents my deep self, I often dream about it) and I see a spider on the wall, it  scares/disgust me, there is also my mother in this kitchen (my sister is not there anymore though) and she is cooking eggs, I know she made an egg pie, it's in the fridge, and I can also see 3 other eggs (raw) and I ask her if she can cook me those, and I feel like they're going to be very tasteful... But then, more spiders appear, it disugsts me a lot, there is one on my shirt that's crowling up to my head, but I don't want it to touch me so I remove my shirt out of fear and disgust, and run upstairs.
Then I try to look up on Wikimedia (not wikipedia strangely) what are those spiders, and I found a page that says this :
That( in the world of this dream ) there is 2 kind of spiders ; the "Animea" which are spiders that are aiming at entering through our (human's) orifices, and the other ones (I don't remember the name I think they didn't even have one) that are only staying on your wall and will move if you eventually poke them.
So I don't know which kind of spider the one in my kitchen are, but the first type kinda freaks me out. So I continue to look up but I can't find them.
And then I wake up.
I wasn't waken up by an external stimulus, I woke up naturally after 6 hours even though I was very tired when I went to sleep. That's why I think this dream was important since I was forced to go back to consciousness after having it.

By the way I'm a teenage girl and I'm french
I don't have a kick scooter, eggs aren't my favorite food but I like them and I'm not arachnophobe, but I don't appreciate spiders

Thank you for reading my post if you do.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:02:56 PM by Dawki »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Eggs and spiders
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 11:11:52 AM »
Dawki – Your dream stats by saying that you have or are on a fast road to your future. You have motivation represented by the kick scooter, and you have inner back up shown by the family running with you.

The mother figure is important in dreams, and does not usually represent your actual mother, but many people do not realise that they have an inner mother equally as powerful as an external mother. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by loving and living with your mother, and they are what makes you the person you are. This is true even if your mother was never there for you – you still have all the memories of her not being there for you filed under ‘Mother’. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner mother can appear in dreams because you are still deeply influenced by what you hold within you.  The inner mother can also signify what has been received via genes passed on or ancestral influences.

You are travelling fast on the road of your personal growth – uncovering your potential. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/growth-of-something/

But as usual problems arise that have to be met in order to advance – your childhood home. It usually represents the difficulties you met or all the things you meet in developing from childhood, and all you absorbed by living in that home. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/individuation/

The spider arises – fear and the feeling you do not want it to touch you – in other words know it intimately. It might enter you through an orifice. Which might point to a fear connected with sexual feelings or experiences – just a suggestion. But a fear developed during those early years in your parental home. Such early fears are usually now unconscious, but your dream indicates that you are ready to make them conscious. You can help this by exploring what the eggs and spider actually mean to you – by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony

Dawki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 07:35:17 PM »
Hi Tony
(my first post is 2 month old)

I had the idea that this was about my personal growth too
Thanks for taking the time of putting the links, they are very informative (I already read some of them several times)

I did your "acting as the object" technique (which is to me kind of a way of seeing the freudian free association) for the spiders, and apparently those spiders really wanted to get into me, like they were desperate to do so...

I think I have a deep relationship with my mother, maybe too deep, that's why there is the spiders,
But it's also the only healthy relationship I ever had so that's probably why the eggs are here,
I just wonder if I'll be able to go through life with this compromise or if it'll be too toxic

Thanks in advance

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 09:49:10 AM »
Dawki – Freudian free association is very different to being the person or object. Free association is saying the first thing that arises. It might be the person thinks or see a picture of wool, which freely associates with sheep. This reminds them of a farm, which leads onto remembering a farm where he kissed his first girlfriend, and so on.

But being the object or person is a very concentrated focussing on a special part of a dream.

I get the impression that you may be dealing more with your inner mother – the massive and deeply influential memories and impression left in you – rather than your outer relationship with her, which sounds okay.

The mother represents not simply your relationship with her, but also how the mother influence enters into your own growth, your move toward independence and mature love. As a baby we do not feel separate from mother. The gradual separation is difficult.

But the archetypal influence left in us of the mother is more than simply a residue of our relationship with our own mother. Motherhood on our planet is as old as life. So it holds in it all that experience, all those patterns of behaviour, whether of the mother wolf with her cubs, or the eagle rearing its young. To touch such enormous wealth of experience is to be penetrated by the holy. Something so beyond the limitations of our own small personality enters us and leaves its imprint.

I feel that v you are growing, and what difference does it make if the spiders do enter you? They are just images – “It is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.”

So do not run away from what scares you, for you could continue running all your life. Please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dream-yoga/

Tony

Dawki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 07:26:01 PM »
Hello,

Thanks a lot for answering

I see, I made a mistake thinking that 'talking as the object' and  the free association technique were the same, thanks for properly explaining it to me

And I have to agree about what difference does it make, I've had dreams where I was doing very dangerous things with a very calm mindset, it's just a metaphor anyway

I might have been worked up by something the day I had that dream, I get it now, I have to see the bigger picture

Thanks a lot for your help Tony, it was very informative as usual