Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gunshot wounds/Hands & Feet/Deceased Husband  (Read 4479 times)

SuthrnBell86

• View Profile
Gunshot wounds/Hands & Feet/Deceased Husband
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:15:36 PM »
Hi everyone I'm new to the board! Just want to see if I can find a meaning to this dream I had earlier this morning. I'm totally open to any opinions, thoughts, & ideas.
The dream:
  I was on vacation at a beach, it was somewhere tropical, that had a beach & jungle. I was on this vacation with my husband (who in waking life has been deceased for 6 years) & some friends of ours. It seemed like it was a couples vacation retreat. We were all at the beach having fun. I remember my husband & I being pretty connected & affectionate in this dream. We were laughing, hugging, holding hands, etc. At one point everyone decided to go back to the resort we were staying at, to rest & relax. I decided I wanted to explore the jungle & went by myself. I got pretty deep into the jungle & came across a group of what I would describe as thugs. They looked pretty tough & most of them carried large guns. They were asking who I was, & what I was doing there. I told them, & they didn't believe me. I assumed that they didn't believe me, they continued to press me for information until one of these men shot me in both hands & both feet. I remember not feeling the pain of being shot, just a slight burning sensation. I also noticed that my wounds didn't bleed. I passed out & woke up to one of my friends taking me to a hospital. I get to the hospital & the doctor tending to me said he'd have to remove the bullets from my feet, that he would not be using any anesthetic to do so. I was pretty scared, & despite my refusal to have the bullets removed with out anesthetic, the doctor continued to go forward. I remember my husband coming & he was concerned, & stayed by my side the whole time. The next day one of the friends who came with us wanted to go shopping so I went with her. I was in a wheel chair do to the fact I obviously couldn't walk wih a gunshot wound to each foot. Somehow we ran into the man who shot me, he needed a ride home. For some reason I was cool with us giving him a ride. So we gave him a ride home, on the way we were talking & laughing with this guy. We got to his house & I told him I forgive him for shooting me, hugged him & then woke up.
If anyone has any opinions on what the interpretation of this dream is, please do share. Thank you

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Gunshot wounds/Hands & Feet/Deceased Husband
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 03:39:10 PM »
SuthrnBelle – It will help if you first skim through reading http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing This is because it helps to understand the ways dreams are so different to our waking life, and of course we often take dreams to infer that they have the same meaning.

Your dream is very interesting and meaningful. The opening scene tends to give an indication of where you are in your inner life. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

You were on a tropical beach with your dead husband, which to me suggests that you were in a relaxed loving mood and your awareness was much more comprehensive and far reaching than normal – which explains why you were easily in touch with your feelings about your husband. But that expansion of awareness didn’t halt there because you chose to explore the jungle. For the jungle in a dream is about going beyond your normal everyday self and experiences into the untamed and not domesticated side of you – a side that is often outside of our awareness, so a walk or exploration of the unconscious. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/waking-awareness-versus-unconscious/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/autonomous-complex/

But it seems you are new to this side of yourself, so you were unprepared – but you were not actually deep in the jungle simply the first level. At this level you meet all the ‘housework’ of your inner self that has not been taken care of – you meet problems that have remained unconscious but are now revealed.

You met, in the images of the dream, injuries to your ability to express yourself as capably as you have the potential to do. You see in the dream that you could not stand on you own feet or express yourself with your hands. But the healing took place and so slowly you will notice a real change in the way you deal with events and opportunities. It will take while, but it will emerge.

You have some very good qualities for you met and felt easy about the man shot. It may not make sense to you, but man who injured you was part of you that you have now added as a useful ability – for everything in a dream is you. So I feel a way of life has opened to you that has great promise. And I feel that to do so much in one dream is not an accident, for you must have given a lot of yourself and learnt many of the great lessons of Life to have earned the dream.

Tony