Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Spider kills bird  (Read 4006 times)

duckle

• View Profile
Spider kills bird
« on: December 11, 2015, 08:50:37 PM »
Hi,

I dreamed that my mother was driving a sedan, with me in the passenger seat, and, I think, perhaps, my dad in the back.  We were leaving a parking garage and, since she had dementia (in real life, she did have dementia and I tried, but could not get her license permanently revoked....I suppose that this reflects real life events, symbolically?)....she drove through concrete barriers surrounding a big square hole in the upper floor we were on, through which a car could fall several floors down, to the ground level).  As we sailed through the air, I thought, "We're going to die."; but she had accelerated enough before that that we just broke through the opposite barrier and ended up safely on the floor, again.  After that, we parked somewhere and she was going to be taken away (not sure if arrested or committed....which she actually was, in real life).  There were people standing around, waiting and doing things, and then I saw a large light brown spider, on the wall, or on a beam of some sort, catching a bird with it's legs around the bird's neck, and, although there was a struggle and the bird was much larger, it was clearly about to kill the bird (also light brown, like a small yard bird or song bird).  Then, my dogs woke me up; so I didn't get to see the rest.

Would it help to add that in real life, I am in dire straights, due to having taken a leave to care for my terminally ill dad, but ending up getting a back injury and denied disability....all the while being tortured by my mentally ill mother, who beat my father, but the cops didn't want to arrest her (they 5150'd her one time, and she was "certified" mentally ill and dangerous, but let go, and then they still wouldn't do it again)....so, it is possible I might actually end up homeless now, despite having once been firmly well employed, and I am not well enough to survive that.....to me, and this might be way off, it seems portentous....but of what outcome, I'm not sure.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Spider kills bird
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 09:13:50 AM »
Duckle – The impression I get from you dream is that you are driven along by your inner mother.  You have an inner mother equally as powerful as an external mother. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by loving and living with your mother, and they are what makes you the person you are. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event.

Obviously you have some difficult memories of her, so your dream shows you feeling that the situation your mother is driving you into will be your death – the end of the life you know at the present. So that is why you feel “I am not well enough to survive that.”

But your dream shows that although you were in free fall – feeling incredibly anxious – for a while you land safely and your mother is taken care of. That is what your dream intuition sees.

The spider and the bird represents what you fear will happen, that your ability to be independent and care for yourself will be destroyed. It seems that your ability to express yourself has been strangled. But that is only a dramatization of your fears.

I suggest you imagine yourself back in the dream and change what happens to the bird, so it can fly again. Use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/ to help in that.

I send you encouragement and strength.

Tony