Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Thrown to ceiling  (Read 4180 times)

emmers

• View Profile
Thrown to ceiling
« on: December 19, 2015, 02:32:33 AM »
I had this intense dream last night, which has lingered all day.

I am in the bathroom of my childhood home and I look over and notice large boxes and triangles of light pouring into the room. I take a bit of time wondering about the light. I take special note of the shape and color and spots that glitter. I figure the squares of light are from the square panes of glass when I suddenly sense that the light is alive and is its own object. I have a total feeling of awe, peace and relaxation and a split second of total integration with the light when I am suddenly violently thrown up to the ceiling. I am in total panic and pain, gravity has reversed and I am screaming and clawing my way along the ceiling to try to get out of the bathroom.

I wake myself up from my audible screeching and moaning. Today, I have not been able to shake the negative feeling of going from pure peace and connection to absolute terror and betrayal of gravity.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:40:39 PM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Thrown to ceiling
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 09:20:55 AM »
Emmers – I feel your dream is a sudden expression of your experience of the tremendous duality we exist in. To use the imagery of your dream, the bathroom of your childhood is an experience of our life in the body – a place of limitations, boundaries with walls and time. But there is another aspect to us in which there are no boundaries, so time and no limitations. In dreams we often play or dance backward and forward between these opposites, or play and linger in one or the other. You experience these everyday but most of us are so focussed on our life as experienced through our body we give no time to experience our profound self with fantastic potential.

That side of us we know when we drop into sleep, when we let go of our conscious will and lose and awareness of ourselves and so known formless existence, timelessness and the experience of no limitations. Dreams are a half way experience between these opposites. See

Example: "I was floating on the very tender tips of a tree in a sort of effortless levitation. The tree was about 30 feet high and was standing in what looked like walkways near a shopping mall. One walkway was rising so it came to about halfway up the tree. A few people gathered to look at me and wonder how it was possible for me to maintain my position. At first they thought it must be a publicity stunt and were wondering where the cameras were. But as nothing happened in that way it led them to question further. Suddenly one of the people watching – I think it was a woman – suddenly realised it was not a trick or to do with publicity. She realised that this meant it was possible for a human being to do this, and was immediately floating beside me. Shortly after that another person was with us, floating effortlessly. Then there were several more, until there were about six of us in a circle at the tree tip. We reached out to each other and held hands, then we lifted upwards, climbing to an enormous height, leaving a trail of smoke behind us as a sign for people to see from miles away

Just as I, you, are beginning to get to that contact, just as you were beginning to have that sense of self, and find a relationship with it, your life becomes somewhat different. You realise you have different ways of responding to being different and so it is visible, therefore it might be that they can make that jump very, very quickly."   

When you realised that light is alive and you became it you entered into the other dimension of awareness, but because you were still hanging desperately onto the belief you were in the bathroom a conflict existed. In fact, there is no gravity, no walls that are solid in the world of dreams unless we create them through our beliefs or fears. Therefore, you felt terror – a common feeling when we first experience our own immensity – and scrabbled around on your ceiling. I wonder whether as a child you actually had an experience in that bathroom where you suddenly broke through to your huge self.  See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/altered-states-of-consciousness/

When we begin to meet the Hugeness that we are, we often react to it in our dreams or in waking with fear or panic. So we dream of being attacked by aliens or frightening creatures; or being swallowed by a whale or something huge, a tsunami, or even possessed by evil entities. If we realise that they are things we have created through our own fear we will pass on.

Whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing and http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/sit-down-rocking-boat/

You can slowly develop the ability to going beyond terror into peace by using these two approaches - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:42:07 PM by Tony Crisp »