Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Going Home  (Read 4022 times)

sparklewithcreativity

• View Profile
Going Home
« on: December 28, 2015, 02:33:57 PM »
Hello  :)

After milling about the site for a while, I was able to pick up some meanings to the key elements of my latest dream, but how it all fits together is a bit cloudy to me, so I was hoping for a little more insight if it isn't too much trouble.

I was traveling with my mother, her husband and my 12 year old daughter. I got the sense that we were all running from something, but I don't know what. Also, my son was not with us and that is odd. We wound up at a house that was supposed to be my childhood home. By that I mean that I knew it to be the home I grew up in, but nothing about it was familiar at all. I actually grew up in a Southern California suburb, but this house was a trailer home in the woods completely overgrown with ivy and surrounded by tall trees. The furniture was old and musty. I was home but I wasn't. Just as I was alone, but I wasn't.

Upon entering the house, it was clear there was no roof at all. My mother and her husband settled in the living room and my daughter went into a back bedroom to lay down. That's when a tree began to fall above me. As it fell, I watched in horror, frozen in place. It was stopped by the top of the wall (where it should have met the ceiling that was absent), but the branches brushed my cheek and caught in my hair. I turned to my mom and her husband to tell them what just happened and they didn't move. They seemed content together on the couch. Looking up, I saw all of the trees begin to fall toward the house and I knew surely they would be hit, but I had to run the other way as trees began to crash into the house between us. I yelled for them to take cover as I dashed down the hall to where my daughter was and jumped on top of her to shield her.

I realize this is rather tame. I've had much more disorienting and seemingly terrifying dreams, but this one has stuck with me and really shook me. It leaves me with a feeling that I must do *something* and *now*... I just can't decide quite what needs done.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Going Home
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 11:30:58 AM »
Sparklewithcreativity – Well you start the dream very much in the atmosphere where you gained massive amount of your personality and tendencies. We learn most not by reading or studying but by living with someone, your family for instance. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-conjuring-trick/

The unexpected things are often important, like the difference in family house and son missing. What are your feelings about your son; how would you describe him? The condition of the family home in your dream suggests you have not given enough attention to this side of your life. See - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/

What needs to be done? Well in the dream I believe there is a feeling that your life is threatened. The imagery of the dream suggests that the threat comes through the huge change you are going through inside yourself. You are growing rapidly and growth means change; it also means the loss or death of the past self you are leaving behind. When you grew from being a child to becoming a teenager, you had to leave behind your child self for it was out-grown. Like the snake outgrowing its past, it sheds its skin – the past personality, view points and attitudes that you are outgrowing.

What you can do is to try to accept the uncomfortable changes you are facing, and maybe the external events that may come.

The journey of becoming an individual is not only that of becoming a person, but also expanding the boundaries of what we can allow ourselves to experience as an ego. As we can see from an observation of our dreams, but mostly from an extensive exploration of their feeling content, our ego is conscious of only a small area of experience. The fundamental life processes in our being may be barely felt. In many contemporary women, the reproductive drive is talked about as something that has few connections with their personality. Few people have a living feeling contact with their early childhood, in fact many people doubt that such can exist. Because of these factors the ego can be said to exist as an encapsulated small area of consciousness, surrounded by huge areas of experience it is unaware of. These unconscious areas of their being direct their life to an extraordinary degree. Individuation means to emerge from unconscious dependence on this hidden side of self. It means to become functionally independent of the archetypes that dominate human life. In many ways it is similar to, and includes, becoming functionally independent of one’s mother.

I don’t know if it helps, but see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dream-yoga/

Tony