Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I understand the message... how do I translate to waking life?  (Read 9497 times)

SaraBee

• View Profile
Hi Tony,

I'm noticing recurring themes in my dreams - mainly visiting other houses and now noticing who's house it belongs to in the dream, and recognising that the actions taking place in my dreams are trying to provide me with the support I feel I am missing in my waking life. 

My question is, now that I'm aware of what my dreams are telling me, and hence what they are providing me whilst sleeping, how do I translate that across to the waking life?  I'm getting a lot of emotional support and release in the dream, but want it in my real life (and particularly from my partner, who I feel I'm not getting what I think I need from him).  Or should I just be content that my subconscious is providing that for me in a different arena because I'm not getting it whilst awake? 

Or is there something else that I should be focusing on (like, am I providing him with enough emotional support...!!)

Thanks,
sara

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: I understand the message... how do I translate to waking life?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 11:08:44 AM »
Sara – I know growth is a slow business, and I tried several times to speed it up – and here I still am, growing but not full grown!

I see that growth often comes suddenly from outside as a shock or massive life experience. But usually it comes from the roots up from your unconscious. In a dream we are seeing processes taking place within us and they will only gradually become a part of your outer life.

But there are things you can do to help. For instance most of what troubles us are habits, and these need work to change them. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYYXq1Ox4sk   and http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/habits/ 

Also you could try http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/the-arm-circling-meditation/ as if it works for you it could open a door to a massive growth experience that allows the unconscious to emerge more fully.

Tony

SaraBee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 11:10:30 AM »
Thanks again Tony.  Funny how when you are getting the message in your dreams... something changes in your waking life and suddenly (just like that!) you're not getting those dreams anymore and you're getting what you needed in your waking life.  Someone should patent it... or bottle it.  Best seller stuff  :)

Habits are something I'm certainly noticing and giving time to breathe so that they no longer have such a grip.  The slowness of growth is frustrating but in time you're able to look back at where you've come from, and it has been worth the wait.

Will give your suggestions and heartfelt go.

Brightest blessings
Sara

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 10:54:27 AM »
Thanks for your blessings Sara.

The more we give the more it spreads around.

Tony