Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: drove off cliff with Husband while kissing him..  (Read 4402 times)

janey D

• View Profile
drove off cliff with Husband while kissing him..
« on: January 28, 2016, 03:09:01 PM »
Hi.
My Husband and I are going through a tough time.
Last night I had a dream that my Husband and I were in an older model car with a bench-like front seat and those old school pop-up door locks on top of the interior door panels.
He was sitting in the driver's seat, but I am not sure that there was a steering wheel.  All of a sudden, the car unexpectedly accelerated.  We were the only car on a road and we were quickly headed towards the end of the road that was a cliff.  As the car drove towards the cliff, the door locks popped up.  I looked at my Husband and said, "come on..we have to jump out".  He didn't look at me, and instead he looked sad and put his head down and didn't move.  I decided to stay with him and we went off the cliff.  As we went off the cliff, I looked at him and I said, "kiss me" and we kissed as we fell and then I woke up.  What does that mean?  Thank you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: drove off cliff with Husband while kissing him..
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 12:15:40 PM »
Janey – What a dream!!

It reflects a critical point in your relationship. It might either be what you fear or feel will happen, or your intuition is telling you.

The old car may represent old feelings or habits that are part of the way you felt about relationships, a sort of an old fashioned way of feeling about marriage.

That there may not have been a steering wheel suggests that you or your husband was not in control of what was leading you toward the marital crisis. Most of these responses to relationship go on under the surface of our awareness. These 'old brains' in us are always on the alert. Like any mammal, conditioned reflexes are imprinted within us from hard experience. So the lessons learned are still active in adulthood unless made conscious and changed – or our brain connections re-wired.

Of course those are only suggestion, but your dream says that your feelings or intuition sees that when the crises comes, he goes limp and β€œhe looked sad and put his head down and didn't move.”

That is probably an old imprinted response and can be dealt with/changed. Whereas you gave love as you faced the end.

Maybe you could get help from a counsellor if it goes wrong.

Tony