Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drowned baby girl  (Read 4698 times)

miemoo

• View Profile
Drowned baby girl
« on: January 19, 2016, 10:48:19 PM »
I dreamt that I let a baby drown. It was a girl. She wasn't mine but I was minding her and I ended up leaving her with her older sister. It was a small pool on the top level of a mansion. It was medium depth, like a big bath and there were lots of children in there at one point. I went away, I remember doubting my decision to leave her but I reassured myself that it would be ok because she was with her big sister and she was responsible. I went down the high staircase to the downstairs part. I kept looking up at the top level as I had this niggling feeling that something wasn't right. I ignored that feeling for a long time, I didn't want to believe that my worst fear could come true. I finally went upstairs....the baby and her older sister were dead at the bottom of the bath. I went numb. I didn't cry or jump or run. I just turned to concrete. I got in to lift them out and even though I knew that they'd been dead for a long time I could feel some breath coming out of their nostrils. I started doing CPR but they were both slipping back into the water and despite the breath that I could feel I knew that they weren't coming back. The breath was like an illusion

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Drowned baby girl
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 11:19:23 AM »
Miemoo – You start by feeling intuitively that this was not right, but you assured yourself that it would be okay. Later you again had a niggling feeling that things were not right, but you ignored it. This is a bit like having a strong feeling that things could go wrong, but shutting them up by your rational thinking – “No, what could possibly go wrong!”

So it looks like you may habitually deny your intuitive feelings, which proved a wrong direction to take. Also dreams tend to disguise things by changing the way we see things. They do this because we often do not want to see the truth about things. In this dream the baby and the older sister may be yourself at different ages, portraying difficult experiences you would rather not remember.

If that is so when you were a baby, you died/your process of psychological growth was held back. Fortunately, it does not mean that the young part is actually dead because it can start growing again. You started trying to do this by using CPR, but because dreams often work on different principles, what they need to make them live again is your warm loving feelings and regret that you left them.

Maybe I have not got the right idea of what happened to the two youngsters, but what matters is that two lovely young beings need your love and care which will enable them to continue to grow. So imagine yourself picking them up and holding them close and lovingly until they come to life in your arms. It may need to be done several times to establish them in healthy life.

This not something that is unimportant. No computer, however amazing, can yet do what your mind does in creating a dream. It produces a living being such as a dream character that can have a conversation with you, and in doing so draw spontaneously from huge areas of your experience or memories. Behind the image lies enormous data, emotional response and created patterns of behaviour. So the main thing to remember is that you are in a full surround databank of fantastic information. You can tap this information just as you would with any person, by asking questions and prodding for a response. But, even the trees and animals in your dreams are also enormous reservoirs of information, linking back perhaps infinitely with your potential and experience.

Tony

miemoo

• View Profile
Re: Drowned baby girl
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 08:11:19 PM »
Thank you so much for offering insight into this dream. It helps me a lot.