Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: No wedding dress  (Read 5486 times)

miemoo

• View Profile
No wedding dress
« on: January 27, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »
I have been having dreams with a reoccurring theme - it's my wedding day but I don't have a dress or I'm not organised in some way. My mother has been a strong character in the dream each time.

In the first dream we were at a beautiful property on many acres where the wedding would take place the next day. There were multiple building on the property. The one in which we were to sleep that night was breathtaking, it was a modern design, mainly made of glass. It had many levels and many interesting flights of stairs. Another dwelling was for sale and we were inspecting it as if we might buy it. The foundations were made of concrete but the lower layers hadn't set properly - they were mushy - this really concerned me and I felt doubt and confusion arise but I tried to reassure myself that the upper layers were set properly so it would be ok. We went to the building where the ceremony would happen - it was a barn-like building with very high ceilings and the walls were made of rammed earth. I thought it was so beautiful but I was so detached - I kept getting a shock when I realised that this was my wedding about to happen - I was aware of how apathetic I was feeling and it concerned me. The guests started to arrive and I felt my heart opening up, I felt like crying. I suddenly felt touched that people would make the effort to come and I turned to my mother and my sister and remarked at my emotion. I said: "Oh, I'm actually feeling emotional!" as if it was a surprise to me, as if it was a rare thing.

In another dream - again, it was my wedding day the following day. I was with my mother and my sister in a bus. I became aware that I was wearing my wedding dress. It was white, knee-length, with long-sleeves. I had no shoes on. I was being driven to a hotel where I would spend the night to relax and prepare for the next day. I had absolutely nothing except the dress I was wearing. My mother was in disbelief at my lack of organisation and lack of fuss. I just laughed it off. I felt disengaged, it was like I was in a psychotic state - almost as if I didn't really know what was going on - if the thought came to my mind that I should worry that I had no shoes or no make-up I just started laughing. I felt free to not care but I could glimpse the worry that it caused my mother.

Again, it was my wedding day the following day. I had no dress and I rushed around to find something to wear in my closet with my mother. Nothing seemed suitable but then I found a short white dress that would do and my mother agreed. I put the dress on and I felt comfortable in it. I walk to a popular place on the edge of a cliff where there was a rope swing. It was very high, only for real daredevils as the swing involved a lot of free-fall. There was a rope that you attach yourself to, this rope is attached to a very tall rock formation in the middle of the valley. The idea is that you free-fall for a time but then swing out to this rock. I jumped without much thought or fear. A time later, I woke up and I am clinging to the rock formation with no rope. It's like I have survived the night on the rock. I have no idea how to get back to the cliff - to safety. I am positive that I can somehow, but I am also very aware of the life-threatening danger of the situation. The rock formation starts to sway and I am sure that I am going to die - I lose grip and with no rope I am sure I will free-fall to my death but then there is this knowing in my mind that comes and I know that I'm going to be ok - I know that I'm going to find a way to survive and somehow I find a grip onto the rock. Then I am invincible. I don't know how I do it but I swing back to the cliff with no rope. It's my wedding day and my mother meets me there on the edge of the cliff.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 03:07:38 AM by miemoo »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: No wedding dress
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 11:40:00 AM »
Miemoo – The first dream has the theme of everything looking beautiful but there is underlying feeling that all is not well.

There is also a sense of things not being right again. This time it was your state of mind.

The third dream is spectacular. You were ready to face danger and jump into the unknown – without assurances. You took a chance and half way you lost your nerve/confidence and things looked as if everything was leading to failure. Loss of confidence does this to us because then things look hopeless. But your sureness arose because you found a firm grip on the rock - the rock may therefore link our conscious personality with innate unconscious archetypal forces or strength and the everlasting within us.

So the three dreams were gradually working toward the wonderful feeling that your foundations are not mushy and you are invincible – a feeling that arises when you touch your core – see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/core/

I wonder if you know how you managed it – and also the overall theme of marriage.

Tony

miemoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 08:23:51 PM »
Thank you Tony. I read the link about 'The Core' and I loved it - I am planning to read the 6-part series.
In answer to your questions: how do I think I managed the situation? I think I felt a trust in myself. I also felt that I was connected to something bigger than me. Something bigger that I could surrender to and I would be ok.
In relation to marriage: I feel that it is about alignment. Alignment within myself (heart/mind/spirit), alignment with my higher power, the 'marriage' of my whole self. In my waking life I have struggled with a sense of duplicitousness.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 09:34:04 AM »
Miemoo -  Trust in something bigger than yourself is a vital part of allowing. I feel that we have it all within us if we actually stop our frantic activity and allow our own life process to explain itself to us, as you are obviously doing.

I had to look up the meaning of duplicitousness – and found this - marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another; "she was a deceitful scheming little thing"- Israel Zangwill; "a double-dealing double agent"; "a double-faced infernal traitor and schemer"- W.M.Thackeray
double-dealing, double-tongued, two-faced, Janus-faced, double-faced, ambidextrous, deceitful
dishonest, dishonorable - deceptive or fraudulent; disposed to cheat or defraud or deceive.

I guess most of us are deceived, double dealing, or they do not ‘walk their talk’. But I feel most of it arises because we have been led to believe or even convinced that we are not what we actually are. (highfive)

Sorry, but I cannot he;p hoping you will read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/meeting-the-unknown/

Tony  :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:49:49 AM by Tony Crisp »