Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need help interpreting a dream  (Read 3870 times)

Melbury35

• View Profile
Need help interpreting a dream
« on: January 29, 2016, 07:15:06 PM »
I had a dream that my sister in law was pregnant. In the dream the baby started moving vigorously and suddenly started crying. Please help me understand what this dream means as I have never heard of a baby crying in the womb! It's worrying me.
Thank you

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Need help interpreting a dream
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 11:36:04 AM »
Melbury – Before you can even understand what I am about to say you need to realise that dreams function in a different world than the three dimensional trapped in time world you know through your body.

Whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind. It is also important to realise that every image, every scary or terrifying thing, is taken place inside you, in your mind, as you sleep.

Also nearly always when people dream about someone they know they automatically believe the dream is about that person. But when we think of our friend or partner our thoughts are not them - just our thoughts and feelings about them. So in the world of dreams our most intimate fears and longings are given an exterior life of their own in the form of the people, objects and places of our dream.

So your sister in law is not about her, but an image you create to illustrate a process going on in you. We create each dream image through our associations. Associations are the real way to understand the language of dreams. Everything we see during the day we form associations with – even the association of disinterest. When I was working on the new site design, the designer said to me, “What’s the point of dreams – they don’t mean anything do they”. I noticed he had a T-shirt on that looked as if had been used quite a lot. So I said to him, “What about that T-shirt? If you dreamt of it what would you think it meant?”
He said it wouldn’t mean anything. So then I asked he where he had got it and what memories were attached to it. He said he had got it in America, but when pressed to explain his memories he refused to answer, looking embarrassed.
So what do you associate with your sister in law? Just a guess, but do you think or feel that she might have a baby?

So the baby you heard was a cry from a deep part of yourself that is communicating with you. Such an unborn part of you is about something you are creating in you which you need to care for and become aware of. Maybe you can do this by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

You have been made pregnant by the invisible power of Life itself.  It is a creation of a part of you that is only now becoming real in your life. In other words, a dream baby is a new birth of part of you that is emerging and needs to be cared for. Just as your teenage self emerged and needed understanding, so does this new you that is being born. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

The new part need you to not deny its existence. It may be a part that was never allowed to be recognised and grow when you were young, or a deep desire that you never allowed, and it is soon to be allowed in your life if you let it – the alternative is to keep repressing it.

Tony
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 11:44:14 AM by Tony Crisp »