Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Big Dream returning to my thoughts - help understanding its message?  (Read 4880 times)

Midlander

• View Profile
Hi Tony
I'm returning to post on the forum after what seems an age! I was prompted to do so not by a new dream but by one I had a couple of years ago that has resurfaced in my mind; somewhat prompted to do so by a book I have been reading which refers to collective memory, collective unconscious and big or significant dreams.

I knew this dream was significant at the time but was nevertheless uncertain about its meaning for me. The nature and imagery of the dream had SIGNIFCANT running all the way through it and I can still remember every detail from it without referring to my dream diary.

I was at an Eddie Izzard show somewhere in the UK. (This dream came at a time when I had seen a couple of his shows, so this was not out of the blue). After the show, he was holding a Q&A session in a small, dim, and not particularly salubrious room backstage. I sat with a small group of people and listened and joined in the dialogue. After a while, I decided to leave. On getting to the car park where I had left my car, I found that I needed money that I didn't have to get my car out. I returned to the room and said that I couldn't get my car as I didn't have the money. Eddie Izzard, who was still himself but now looked like Colin Farrell, handed me a large, ancient, silver coin with the word EIRE inscribed upon it. I took it very gratefully and realised it was of far more value to me than simply getting my car out of the car park.

It's worth saying that I have, over the years, had my fair share of dreams about transport and getting stuck or not being able to find a way to travel to where I need to be - and all at important times. However, this dream never heralded a move. What has happened recently, is a shift of thinking that has freed me up without the need to move geographically at this time - although that may come. The reminder of this dream has come to me at a time when my mindset and approach have changed and a new focus has entered my life in terms of study and training.

It's also significant to mention that I have Irish ancestory but through my father's paternal line (my father having been absent all my life and who died over 15 years ago). At the time of the dream, I searched for information about ancient Irish coins, only to discover that EIRE is not what is written on them but EIRANN. I have no access to this ancestry except through research, there being no relatives to contact.

Any pointers?
Thanks in anticipation.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Big Dream returning to my thoughts - help understanding its message?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:25:48 AM »
Midlander – Good to hear from you again.  :)

You say you have no access to your ancestry except through research. That is completely untrue. You have the whole history inside you if you dare to explore. I know, everyone things everything is outside them in the world. Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-conjuring-trick/

It is a full description of someone recovering their connection with their ancestors. Obviously you have to leave thinking behind and delve into your past within you.

Dreams images are like icons on a computer screen - You have to ‘click’ on your dream images to make them come alive. Thinking about them doesn’t work. You need to open yourself to the magic of them.

To make them into the wonderful gateways they are you may have to learn certain skills. The first one is to see if you can ‘work’ your energy and emotions. If they are locked you cannot ‘click’ on your dreams.

1 – Stand in a comfortable balanced position with the hands in front of the chest, palms together and eyes closed.
2 – Imagine that as you breathe-in, the air is fanning a small glowing coal inside the chest. The incoming air makes the coal glow gently, and you breathe slowly and with awareness. This coal is just a symbol of the subtle pleasure sensations generated by slow purposeful inhalation. If you can be directly aware of this pleasure, dispense with the image of the coal.
3 – In either case, let the hands indicate the amount of this glow or pleasure. Let them do this by moving apart, so if the pleasure is intense the hands reach wide. As you exhale and the glow fades, let the hands come together. But if there is little felt, then the hands remain unopened.
4 – If you find your hands and arms respond then let a feeling or warmth or love flow out to everyone, and as they pull back feel as if you are drawing in what others give you in this subtle way.
5 – If you have managed that and felt it working in you, then and only then let you energy move upwards, and eventually downwards so you get the sideways movement flowing into the up and down energy flow. Let your being show you how.

After that you need to read and use http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/the-lifestream/#Open to enter the huge world you hold within you.

Your dream is fascinating too. It shows you opening to the influence of Edie Izzard, who says of himself that he is "a complete boy plus half girl” I believe this suggests that your old view of yourself is altering, and you are becoming much more pliable in who you are – a bigger world of experience.

The coin is important, it suggest a rich inner experience that will allow you to get out to the restricting beliefs, self-image and personality you were restricted by. To find out more about the coin use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:27:20 AM by Tony Crisp »

Midlander

• View Profile
Re: Big Dream returning to my thoughts - help understanding its message?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 08:56:47 PM »
Thank you so much Tony - I will study the links and follow your instructions and come back to let you know how I get on. Some of what you say really ties in with my learning over the last few years; my Qigong instructor has guided me to work on my heart and that has really helped: the imagery you use makes absolute sense to help me take that further.

You are right about the ancestory, of course! I know it is true that I carry my ancestry with me and am carried within it - it's a question of unlocking it. I was interested by Colin Farrell being in my dream because that seemed random but can't be - maybe it was about Irish-ness... But why not Wogan, then? Or maybe he is so utterly male to Eddie's ambiguity... Hey ho. You are right that I am very much (and have been these last 2 years) in a growth and expansion and one that takes me beyond 'me' and into a greater wisdom and energy.

The access or re- entry to my significant dreams is something to go deeper into at this time, I believe.  I desire the intuitive wisdom very much.

Your entry on the coin in your dictionary was the prompt for me to ask you about this dream, indeed! This coin was a precious source of information; a key from the past to my present - I need to remember this ancient memory.

Thank you!