Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gift dream  (Read 4050 times)

tech99

• View Profile
Gift dream
« on: February 02, 2016, 01:19:14 PM »
᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 01:42:43 AM by tc99 »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Gift dream
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 09:37:02 AM »
Leopold – You start with the realisation that you are seriously ill. I want to say that my first attempts to remember dreams was of being in hospital because I was ill. Later I awoke from a dream in which I had nearly died but was now recovering. Now my dreams and your dream are not about a physical illness but an illness occurring in our beliefs, feelings and our cultural education – an illness which is worldwide.

Your dream then begins to explain what the illness is. But to realise it you need to know that we all also have what is called Autonomous Complexes - Many of the characters or elements of our dreams act quite contrary to what we consciously wish. This is why we often find it so difficult to believe all aspects of a dream are part of our own psyche. Some drives or areas of self act or express despite what we would want. A modern view of the personality says that our mind is made up of many modules which are quite distinct. These modules, such as the sexual drive and the ability to speak, usually function in a way which is reasonably integrated. But many areas of dissimilarity are evident if we closely observe the workings of our own responses to life.

In the dream you see the greedy character as someone separate from you, a normal dream trick but also a way of showing you they are actually a part of your total self. As are the other parts, the host and the denying a gift part.

Healing takes place when we consciously recognise these different parts of you and do not judge them as wrong or repress them. The truth is for all of us that this means you have integrated and come to terms with every aspect of who you are. You have met within you the murderer, the saint, the swindler and the honest trader, the sexual pervert and the straight married person, the homosexual and the heterosexual, the darker and the light filled should find a balance in each individual. For we have as many wonderfilled qualities as the destructive or anti-social ones, and when we accept them all a wonderful creative person emerges who is balanced.
This balance is like a razors edge in which any one-sidedness would lead to imbalance within the individual. But at the same time it is not about being perfect of a saint, but a balanced and whole human being with very wide choices.

Tony