Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream interpretation help please...  (Read 6864 times)

janey D

• View Profile
Dream interpretation help please...
« on: January 28, 2016, 03:03:44 PM »
Hi.
My Husband and I are going through a tough time.
Last night I had a dream that my Husband and I were in an older model car with a bench-like front seat and those old school pop-up door locks on top of the interior door panels.
He was sitting in the driver's seat, but I am not sure that there was a steering wheel.  All of a sudden, the car unexpectedly accelerated.  We were the only car on a road and we were quickly headed towards the end of the road that was a cliff.  As the car drove towards the cliff, the door locks popped up.  I looked at my Husband and said, "come on..we have to jump out".  He didn't look at me, and instead he looked sad and put his head down and didn't move.  I decided to stay with him and we went off the cliff.  As we went off the cliff, I looked at him and I said, "kiss me" and we kissed as we fell and then I woke up.  What does that mean?  Thank you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream interpretation help please...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 12:16:07 PM »
Janey – What a dream!!

It reflects a critical point in your relationship. It might either be what you fear or feel will happen, or your intuition is telling you.

The old car may represent old feelings or habits that are part of the way you felt about relationships, a sort of an old fashioned way of feeling about marriage.

That there may not have been a steering wheel suggests that you or your husband was not in control of what was leading you toward the marital crisis. Most of these responses to relationship go on under the surface of our awareness. These 'old brains' in us are always on the alert. Like any mammal, conditioned reflexes are imprinted within us from hard experience. So the lessons learned are still active in adulthood unless made conscious and changed – or our brain connections re-wired.

Of course those are only suggestion, but your dream says that your feelings or intuition sees that when the crises comes, he goes limp and “he looked sad and put his head down and didn't move.”

That is probably an old imprinted response and can be dealt with/changed. Whereas you gave love as you faced the end.

Maybe you could get help from a counsellor if it goes wrong.

Tony

janey D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 06:49:17 PM »
Tony...thank you so much for your time.  You are so kind to do this; you don't even know me. 
This helped me a little, but still not sure what it all means.  I love my Husband so much and I want us to get through this.  I know that I can, I just hope that he can. 

My long time nagging lead him to betray me.  I found out by accident.  When I confronted him, he lied about it, but ultimately came clean.  We both own our parts and want to make it work.  I was sad when I had that dream because in the dream, he wouldn't look at me until I took his face in my hands, turned his face towards me and said "kiss me".  I's staying positive and filled with love to give myself and him.  Thank you again and I wish you happiness.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 08:35:55 AM »
Janey - Thanks.

Years ago, when my second marriage had lost any love, I realised that the term 'making love' which usually means having sex, had far deeper meaning. It meant making something to last, just as you would build a house to last using good materials, so you need to put into your marriage the things that created it in the first place.

I quote the feature Learning How to Love, "Whatever partner we are with we still carry our problems unless they have been resolved. Also, nature itself is dynamically in states of opposition that attempt resolution. It is a resolution that never arrives. Thus the earth swings around the sun. The great ocean currents are constantly on the move as warm and cold meet. Compatibility is impossible. Marriage simply puts us into close contact with challenge. To meet this needs real personal and interpersonal awareness – self awareness. It needs honesty of a type you may previously not have developed in yourself. It calls for this honesty to be used in communication of great intimacy in which, although great emotions may throw their lightning bolts, there needs to be underlying good will – in fact love and respect."

From http://dreamhawk.com/relationship-sex/learning-to-love/#What

Tony

janey D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 05:42:15 PM »
Tony.

Thank you.  I just opened up your link and can't wait to read it tonight.  I can't thank you enough for caring - and to think you don't even know me.  I'm so grateful; thank you.

janey D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 10:47:45 PM »
Wow...the article was spot on and it took my breath away.  Thank you!