Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Waking Experiences  (Read 10022 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Waking Experiences
« on: August 10, 2011, 06:47:37 AM »
Occasionally, seemingly strange phenomena can occur during our waking life.  I wonder, Tony, if there is any spiritual or insightful value surrounding these events since they occur outside the influence of our minds? 

There is a picturesque road canopied by trees and running along a brook that I prefer taking in to town over the highway.  A couple days ago I was coming around a curve and noticed a creature in the road-so, I stopped.  It turned its head toward me and immediately I realized it was an owl.  I wasn't sure if it was injured or what.  I considered getting out of the car to check on it, but as soon as I reached for the handle the owl turned and ascended into the trees.  I don't know of anything that flies more gracefully.  It seemed that just four or five flaps was all the owl needed to get away.  I remember learning that they are known for their ability to fly stealthily.  I would like to think that I fly like an owl in my dreams.  Something else I might add is that the I don't remember ever seeing a live owl before, even though I've lived my whole life in rural Tennessee.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Waking Experiences
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »

Aristocrates - At times when I have been in the very best state of awareness, everything I witnessed seemed to be in time with everything else. It all seemed to be synchronous. So I feel sure - on good days :) - that your owl was letting you know you had touched wisdom or would soon.

I remember once taking a train journey out of London. I was in a rather tense state and was sitting in a carriage that had a long seat opposite. A very motherly woman was sitting opposite and the coach was packed. I felt that if I relaxed just a little I would fall forward and bury my face in her lap and cry like child.

So there I was holding on to my emotions like mad, and as we were passing through tunnels with flashes of light in between, I looked to my left and a massive poster said - Take Courage. It seemed like the voice of God guiding me.

Tony

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 07:20:08 AM »
In that situation courage could be applied in a couple different ways.  The courage to deal internally with whatever was emotionally ailing you or the courage to break through every social more keeping you from crying in that woman's lap. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 10:12:27 AM »
I think I would have done more than cry in that woman's lap. When I let go - I learned to really hit the bottom - and scream so loud the police came at one such 'crying'.

Another time someone came to my door after a 'crying' - he was from a bowling club some hundreds of yards away, he
said "Are you all mad?"

I like to think it is others who are mad because they cannot feel the amazing passions we hold in us - amazing and wonderful.

Tony

Leswan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 12:51:57 PM »
Amazing experiences.

I have had the sense that sometimes, everything is orchestrated. I felt this most acutely back in 2009 when I was in the daily presence of an amazing person who lit me up from the inside and who regularly challenged and expanded my limited view of reality.

One morning during this time as I was driving to a clients premises, two magpies swooped in front of my car and at the same time I noticed aeroplane contrails in the sky forming a cross formation that I recognised from a dream the night before. In this moment I just suddenly became aware of a sense that our physical lives are at times stage managed, and I felt that if I could just look a little harder, just open my perception a bit wider, then I would be able to glimpse the invisible forces acting on our physical waking lives.