Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Wooden Elephant  (Read 4381 times)

Jimmy

• View Profile
The Wooden Elephant
« on: March 01, 2016, 03:12:24 PM »
Hello Tony,

Had quite a powerful dream with rather interesting imagery. I would really appreciate your help in understanding it. Thanks in advance.

**The Wooden Elephant**
New job in a cafe in the C. shopping centre. Well actually it starts as a body test in specsavers (as if an eye test but full body). Apparently some calf muscles or something aren't the best and the lady is taking me to check out the rest of my body in the back. I start thinking in psychology and philosophy about helping this lady.

Next thing I remember it's like me J. and Br. (or maybe Ba. or B.) anyway the three of us are working in this place maybe more. There is the husband and wife who own the place. It feels like it's beside where Subway used to be. Anyway lunch time comes and we go off walking. We go over to the railroad maybe I'm the only one who goes behind the fence to the actual railroad [in real life it's an abandoned railroad track which has grown a bit wild]. It is part river part railroad. I am following it along it is black water.

This rabbit as if amphibious comes out from under the water and goes up to what I think is an otter or something and then this thing attacks the rabbit and it runs back in the water and dives under again. Then this thing turns on me and tries to bite me so I kick it and he goes a good 20 or 30 feet away from me. I come out of the railroad area and go back to the lads. I have returned with treasure one is a Capri-sun juice drink which I offer up and jay takes it without hesitation insisting it'll be fine. The other is this wooden elephant it is gorgeous though it is dirty. I take it Into the cafe and clean it. I thought about giving it away perhaps selling it but decided I am going to French polish it and make it look super gorgeous. His tail is kind of flimsy. Otherwise he is perfect and beautiful. The wife starts talking to me she's on the till and asks me what I think of the place I say I love it and it doesn't feel like work I love the dynamic etc. She says it's either the best thing in the world or the worst I tell her I can handle the worst I am the chef and am thinking of my experience in my old coffee shop job. She starts explaining some really complex arsy meal someone ordered.

Next thing I remember she is outside on top of her husband as if he's having a heart attack he is kind of obese but it seems to be playful in some way. Then M. and their daughter are running around and they start kissing against the window of the cafe and the parents look on shocked and then M. and the daughter keep running around like fairies I think they are partly just committing to the act now it's done. The dream ends.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: The Wooden Elephant
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:25:30 AM »
Jimmy – Dreams use images of people, things and animals, as well as scenes that we might understand if we explore what we associate with the dream images. For instance, a man dreamt of a tarot card reader. But in understanding how dreams work the tarot card reader represent his own intuition, because that is what he associates with the tarot card reader.

Your dream is so full of people and places you have associations with I have to do a lot of guessing. What are your feelings about the C. shopping centre? Do you love it, hate it or indifferent? My guess is that it is a place that offers many choices but your choice is to work with people who are hungry – but ask yourself hungry for what? Does it link with your need for what sustains you, emotionally, mentally or physically? We sometimes lose hope, faith or strength, and hunger may represent the inner need felt at such times.

But this leads to an interesting mixture Specsavers (an opticians) linked with a full body scan. This suggests that you are not seeing things clearly about your physical/psychological needs. The calf represents your physical ability to get about in the world. Or the ability to do the many things your calves enables you to do, such as dancing, stand on tiptoe, and also be nimble on your feet. So it can be about your ability to stand up and be mobile or strong psychologically.

The lady and helping her you can check out its meaning – and any of the other parts of your dream – by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

You then make a decision to go walking – which leads you to another mixture – a river plus a railroad. A railroad may indicate the direction or events you are involved in with others, a train of events’ in fact. And the river is the feelings that flow through us or we are immersed in are the process of life in our body, connecting with emotions, sexuality and changes of mood, we know this river as the flow and events of our life or destiny. We are constantly a river of energy which is expressed in everything we do.

But your river is black, telling you that you have not made the great flow of life in you conscious - it is still in blackness. The river is your life energy – maybe you can make it sparkle with - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/the-lifestream/#Open

I will only comment on the wooden elephant. It tends to represent the power and influence of the potent forces active in your body and mind, that if you relate to well bring about health and success, and if badly illness and ruin. But your elephant is wooden, which shows it as something that was alive – in a tree – but now represents ideas, opinions, habits, that have become a fixed part of your nature. Just as the tree is originally green and supple but becomes hard and fixed as solid wood, so our opinions and attitudes, as they develop, are first pliable, then often become rigid. In which case, unless these habits and ideas allow for further growth, the life principle which ever seeks further development, is either repressed, or leaves the old wood to dry out. Making it look beautiful is a bit like worshiping a statue of a holy being – it is pointless unless you use it as a reminder of the living thing – the great and powerful life that you are potentially.

The theme is repeated in different symbols – the black river and the wooden elephant – and maybe the full body scan. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/river/

Tony