Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

what do you think it means?

losing touch with life?
0 (0%)
or a change in life?
1 (100%)
dont know?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: wet cell phone  (Read 11341 times)

bbyrooo

• View Profile
wet cell phone
« on: August 10, 2011, 06:15:29 PM »
i usually don't remember my dreams, but for some reason i have been lately.
i feel like my home life has a big play in this and in what I've been dreaming about, but i wont go into that.

last night i dreamt i woke up in my apartment as usual but when i went into the kitchen it was rearranged. For some reason we had a stove/microwave combo, but the stove was moved next to the fridge, and both the fridge and the stove were in between cabinets. i remember saying something to my roommate about how pointless it was to put the stove and fridge next to each other. For some reason we had a vending machine our kitchen, there wasn't a back to it and wasn't much food in it, and someone in the house hold had eaten half of a honey bun and put it back inside there. i don't even think it was turned on. After that i remember going outside and seeing a pastor walk out of the house with my roommates water bong to take it to a yard sale or to dispose of it. i ran after him and begged him to have it because it meant something to me. He put it on a yard sale table and my manager was studying it. She asked the pastor for it and he gave it to her. I remember swimming in an above ground pool with her afterwards. After swimming for a bit i remembered my phone was in my pocket and was submerged underwater, i paniced a bit and i do remember there ladder was outside the pool. i grabbed it and put it back in and climbed out to check on my phone. it was soaking wet, it worked at first, but after a while it started lagging and i remember feeling sad about it. My manager got out the pool, sat for a bit, then we took the bong to her garden. She pulled out the slider of it, which was shaped like a mushroom with a gnome on top, stuck it in her garden as a decoration, then gave me the remainder of the bong. i think from there i left; that's the end of my dream.

I've been having reoccurring dreams of my cellphone getting wet. i would like to receive any insight and interpretations on that, that i can.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 06:17:25 PM by bbyrooo »

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Re: wet cell phone
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »
It seems like the bong has a more significant role in this particular dream than the cellphone.  Honestly, the more I think about it the more I laugh.  I believe your pastor confiscating your bong represents a bit of guilt you may be feeling over its use.  Atleast you recovered the bong in the end, even though you lost the cool slider, lol.  Either way, it wasn't right for your pastor to steal your bong and sell it.  You and your manager seem pretty tight.  I figured she'd be understanding and give you the bong back, including the slider, but maybe you were happy with the deal....

Pertaining to the cellphone...I would ask how much time do you spend on your cell phone compared to time you spend with people.  My cellphone is very important to me since my significant other lives 1,000 miles away.  I have realized lately though that I don't allow enough time for the loved ones that are near to me (geographically).  Obviously, I am only able to apply this to my own experiences but that's the idea of dream interpretation I believe.

Well, that's my bit. 

Disclaimer:  I'm a novice to the world of dream interpretation

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:08:52 PM »
A kitchen is where we get nourishment...physical and sometimes emotional...comfort.  There seems to be some conflicts with the people you share the kitchen with might relate to the fact that sometimes we are nourished by the same things...sometimes by different things.

The fact that the other people who also use the kitchen left with the priest and he took your bong...would imply that they are making a judgement about your values or how you choose to nourish yourself...that they are right and you are wrong.

The bong, if you use it with pot, takes away inhibitions in most people and allows for  free self expression.  Maybe they would prefer that you not express yourself or your differences with the others.

The fact that you asked for it back and got it was a positive choice.  It allowed you to be your own manager and appreciate yourself.

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 07:03:47 AM »
Christine,  I love your description of the kitchen.  I know in America the role of the kitchen seems to have been replaced by fast food and restaurant chains.  I don't put the emphasis I should on meals.  I have a tendency to skip them and usually when I do have a meal, I eat it hastily. 

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 11:32:38 AM »
Yes, I'd say that the part of the dream in the kitchen shouts about how you may not be nourishing yourself adequately or appropriately. In your dream state, you can see that you've got your life 'wrongly arranged' and it's going to 'cost' you.

With regard to the water and the phone - and the recurring of this part of the dream - it sounds as though your emotions might be getting in the way of you being able to communicate what you want/need to.

The pastor figure takes what is important to you but your manager takes ther role of 'teacher' it seems, and gives it back! I find that really interesting - the formal 'religious' approach to spirituality ignores your needs/hunger and deprives you but the feminine teacher/manager answers your needs.

The mushroom shape sounds phallic to me and I wonder whether your feminine side is saying something about bringing out your sexuality more..........as though you hide it/disguise it and it's linked to the deep emotions.

But I could be talking out of the wrong orifice!