Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Man with a limp  (Read 5081 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Man with a limp
« on: March 22, 2016, 10:40:07 PM »
I'm in the back garden of my childhood home. I am about 6 years old. Bruce Springsteen is walking away from me with a limp in his left leg, he's wearing black, a black leather jacket. Then I'm in a kennel in the same garden playing with a little tan and white terrier, he is very loving. (Emm I thought we never had a kennel but I just remembered a homemade one we had) Then I stand up and wrap him in a pale blue cloth and walk, he just loves being carried like that even though he can not see out, he obviously feels safe with me.
 Then I am walking by a calm rocky seafront, an older sister is talking non stop and I feel bored. Then it goes on into other dreams..
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:33:29 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Man with a limp
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 11:20:52 AM »
Omega – An interesting dream, but I would like to know what feelings or associations you have for Bruce Springsteen – see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/not-enough-information/

Well you seem to be exploring or realising childhood feelings, probably absorbed while you were living with your parents – the good memories.

The kennel and terrier are probably about important impressions some of us are lucky to have at some time. It is like entering a different world where you are free to feel who you are naturally – the dog is a special part of this so you wrap it in a pale blue cloth – it points to feelings that are more than your own wider world of experience raised in the small world that is often passed on to children with its many no-go areas. The dog doesn’t have these.

This leads you to have a sense of the wider view of the coast and ocean – but I guess it was interfered with by your adult self/older sister’s views.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 05:53:07 PM »
Thank you Tony. A few associations.. A cool successful guy.  Loved by many. Powerful. Why does he limp though?  Because he's  much weaker than his persona, he's flawed.. . My older brothers and their music  records. My older brothers and their power and freedom..they can 'walk away' Their aggression. I only have my little dog, they have the outside world. My sister, another oppressive force, but she is also trapped like me being female.
Then it went into the poverty dream where I offered the baklava to God to try transform the energy of poverty..

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 11:00:54 AM »
Omega – A limp in the left leg can indicate inability to be strong inwardly – or the wounded healer. It may be related to the shaman's descent to the underworld as well as the archetypal journey of the wounded healer.

Example: I then saw the farm when these orphans were grown-up. They worked the farm, and a whole colony of coloured people had arisen. They were quite small in stature, and looking as if the tribe had been through generations of deprivation. As I walked among them I saw their lined faces, bent backs, and thought/wondered whether this could be healed and released.

Now their doctor/priest came to them. A big man who seemed to have a slightly lame right (I think) leg. He had penicillin on his hands - to heal the many sores his people had. He then lay down in the small channel seen in cowsheds to carry of the urine and cow shit. It had been cleaned, but a cow had shit in its slightly. He asked for blankets to lay on. These were brought. He lay down and prayed. This was the inner strength his people needed.

The wounded healer needs to have descended/experienced the darkness and pain of human experience to be able to express the healing of understanding and love. So lameness if often associated with the ‘wounded healer’ the one who in finding their own wholeness receives a wound that does not heal, and may cause them to be lame in one leg.

The offering of baklava to God may be slightly misdirected. A state that is often experienced by many who touch the wider life we all have is stated here: “I felt like I have never felt before, so very good, so excellent. I knew all things. I didn’t have to read the bible or any kind of teachings because the answers are all here in the presence of God. In this state I could ask any question and know the answer. I knew God, yet I was God because there was no separation.”

There is no separation between you and God – so you do not need to offer anything – for everything you eat is a holy offering. The church has said the wafer and wine need to be blessed, but God/Life has created everything in the Universe, and we cannot eat or drink any water that it not holy. So eat the baklava with the understanding that what you eat is always an offering to the highest that you are.

Try entering the body of the limping man and note what you feel.

Tony