Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hedgehog and Picking Up The Bar Tab  (Read 6558 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Hedgehog and Picking Up The Bar Tab
« on: February 29, 2016, 05:27:53 AM »
I have an image of a white bellied hedgehog.  He/she is sitting up and showing me its torso and belly.

Next I am in a in a barroom.  I am sitting at a small round table next to the bar.  My companion is a dark figure.  The figure tries to give me money for the bar tab.  I say "No" and get up and go to the bar.  I put my money down on the bar.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Hedgehog and Picking Up The Bar Tab
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 08:11:27 AM »
Chris – Well, the hedgehog could have showed you its prickly exterior, instead it showed its very vulnerable under belly. Does that mean you are less prickly and showing more vulnerability?

The bar scene shows you not taking the stand that many women do of allowing the male to pay/treat her. Instead you made it plain that you are not willing to be paid for.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 11:35:38 PM »
I was wondering why the hedgehog and the bar scene were together.  Working with men, men as bosses, a former husband and my son, I was always defensive and prickly throwing barbs or depressed about being put second to them by them.  Sometimes when I was assertive, they would just assert their maleness which was usually putting down me.  Sometimes they would offer money instead of respet, apologizing and/or changing attitude or behavior.  At some point I could not pay for their behavior any more, or mine and no one's money was going to fix anything.  I have not been around men for a majority of my time the last several years, and I finally feel like I am allowing myself to feel my vulnerability, without having to defend it to someone or have it invalidated or minimized.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:05:52 AM by Christine »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 02:18:12 PM »
Chris - So where do you go from where you are. Obviously you are growing, so do you have any feelings of where next?

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 07:57:46 AM »
There was a quote I saw a few weeks ago.

Invert nature and you will find that what you seek.

Maria Prophetissa

That feels right.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 11:48:43 AM »
Chris - can you tell me what you feel or mean by invert nature?

Your nature - nature around you?

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 08:25:32 AM »
I have to think about how to explain it and will get back to you on it.  Thank you for asking!