Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream within a Dream  (Read 4491 times)

lukeandersen

• View Profile
Dream within a Dream
« on: August 11, 2011, 08:15:56 PM »
So basically I was going on a trip with some people I don't know. Most of these people almost resembled people I know, but they were changed enough I couldn't call them that. I was in the car in the back seat and took glimpses at the mirror in the front of the car. I saw a very beautiful girl with the most amazing eyes starring at me. This made me uncomfortable so I looked away, but as soon as I looked again I saw her there just starring. Then I noticed she was just starring at the girl on the side of the car as though she was never looking at me. We headed off on the trip now I was in a white bus. We kept almost crashing because the bus would tip over and we would have to re balance the bus. We made it to the stop and I had to go to the bathroom when we were going up, but i fell asleep during this time up to the stop.
  Here is the dream within a dream part:
We had tipped over the bus and we all had gone out to check on it. I was thinking well I feel different I think I can fly? I started to flap but nothing happened, I felt loaded down. I took off my shirt and began putting all my strength into the flaps of my arms thinking if I got the birds technique down then I could fly. I started going up in the air it was amazing. I woke up and we were riding down somewhere else and the girl was in the car sitting next to me. I was trying to describe to her the dream I just had ( I make this a practice I will tell people I know my dreams and this will help me remember them ). I don't quite remember if she said anything but I felt good sitting with her and describing the dream I had.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream within a Dream
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 08:34:23 AM »
Luke – I have a sense of your dream being about going along with the crowd and this ends in the ride being out of balance. Of course you are also attracted by a beautiful woman, but you are uncertain of how she feels about you.

Then the second half of the dream is about learning self confidence. Flying in our dreams is usually about either escaping from something or directing our life by making an effort to go our own way. It is a way or learning to do things without our parents permission or going our own way despite what others want.

We usually learn to fly by a lot of physical effort – flapping your arms. I learn to fly by swimming motions. But as you get the feel of it you realise that it is an act of decision and confidence. Then you can take of time Superman.

The girl then was close to you because you were more confident and so you were not, as it were, keeping her at a distance by your feelings of uncertainty. A good feeling. Fly on!

Tony