Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: modern medusa  (Read 4617 times)

mikey

• View Profile
modern medusa
« on: April 02, 2016, 10:09:33 AM »
hi tony,
i had this dream the other night,i think it has to do with some sort of transformation as i could see that it contained the beauty and beast,kissing a frog themes,not that i am saying i am a beauty or a frog,mind you living in England being an amphibian has its merits.
the dream.
i am met by what i termed as a modern day Medusa,she is curious as to why i am not turned to stone,she trys with all her powers,but all i feel is affection for her,i embrace her,she resists,i try to kiss her,she resists,
finally through the power of the love i feel for her ,she gives in,the kiss,one of those magical moments when everything else in the world drops off.
she reaches down to her waist and pulls off her top part,literally her whole skin Medusa head and all,revealing a beautiful female beneath.
what follows next i can only describe as unity ,we seem to melt together in a swirling explosion of a million lights,i am no longer me,she is no longer her,we are one.
i awoke from this dream my first thoughts were,oh my god what the hell is this.
i have thought a lot about this dream,seeing the mundane relationship issues it could refer to,but i also saw something much greater than this,a death,and birth at the same moment of something i have yet to experience,i have to admit it is something i did not expect to see,and i am overwhelmed.
i have read a lot of mythological stories of hero,heroine figures having to kiss or embrace something that looks ugly of unsavory,for it to be transformed into a thing of great true beauty,
one of my favorites is the hideous damsel in the grail myths,kundry she is both the ugly hag and the grail maiden in one,so because of these stories ,this is what i see in my dream,but as always i may be blinded by this,so i look forward to your wise counsel,
regards mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: modern medusa
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 11:25:10 AM »
Mikey – I feel/think that your exposure to the great myths, stories and operas is rather like the reading of the Bible could or used to be, catalysts around which your inner life could slowly crystallise. Such stories are never about outer or historical facts, but are skeletons upon which your inner life takes on living flesh.

The Beauty and the Beast, in which the dangerous beast is tamed with the influence of kindness and love is what you have experienced in your dream. It also is a way to show how we all have dangerous snakes as part of our unruly nature – we are after all only newly emerged from beast-hood into being human – and we are in no way free of our instinctive past. Love and meeting the power of our inner world is a way of transformation – that you are doing. This if course leads to death and resurrection – of course for you to develop living flesh upon.

Kundry is a story for male and female, and is summed up in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-anima-jungs-view-of-the-female-in-the-male/

But a more female expression is seen in Beauty and the Beast, in which to become fully a woman and mother, she must discover the deeply animal urges which underlie the personality and social traits she has developed so far. These urges are not at all uncouth, but are certainly primitive. They open her to experience deep sexual longing, and the power to give herself with passion to her children and to her man. Thus she allows in herself something forbidden in her relationship with her father - an erotic and procreational love.

It will lead to you knowing you have experienced enlightenment – which in some ways is a big deal, but is also a simple continuation of ordinary life. But an ordinary life with more peace, with a clear sense of what you want to do with your life and a greater feeling of being part of the natural world, just another step toward maturity. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-dream/ It is an exploration of meeting evil – the beast – and knowing its transformation to beauty.

Tony