Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Life as a dream  (Read 9352 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Life as a dream
« on: April 02, 2016, 09:49:18 PM »
I realise I need to respond to some other threads, but I will do soon. Thankyou for those.

I have often been afraid to open my mouth, or express any pain, for fear that that very release expression, will attract more of the same, so I repress it where it does more damage, but at least I am not hurt immediately.. This has at least enabled me to survive, as keeping my wounded cry mute, at least meant the predators weren't immediately alerted to my whereabouts.

Recently after months of deliberation, I shared some very painful information, about abuse, and it turned out that while I did so, my bag and money and lots of important things within the bag was stolen from by my side.

But what did I gain from expression? More loss?
What good is release/expression if you are punished for it? Where's the healing?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 01:42:33 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Life as a dream
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 09:48:58 AM »
Omega – I have never advised expressing your pain or even your core self publically.

I have witnessed what happens – people see you are in a vulnerable state and some want to finish you off or take advantage of your state; others rush to your side with their favourite healing potions; many step over your body lying on the ground and pass on.

It isn’t even worthwhile exposing the pain to those who were part of its beginning. I always let anything and everything out in a small group or with individuals who were also expressing their pain, excitement, joy, explorations etc.

I once did it with a group I felt I was showing how it is done. I was immediately accused of manipulating the group for my own needs. I was working on my own dream and was very moved by what I saw – I stepped forward and hugged the group.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 01:41:52 PM »
No you didn't advise it to me Tony. That was my own deciding.. I chose to do so, firstly in a public space as it somehow made me feel safer. Secondly because keeping things secret is exhausting. Thirdly the person I expressed to is a key character that can help me in potentially moving to the next step, I no longer have the strength to move forward alone.

So I guess the potency of what I was sharing, was a very toxic volatile energy. I feel it drew that experience in by resonance, as the fact is I was not protected, but it was an 'if not now when' situation

Personally I have never found a group that is safe, I have found excellent counselling, but it's time for that work to join up with my real life, which is why I want to express myself and be heard.

But not experience more loss, to compound the severe loss I've already experienced in the process.. any other tips appreciated on how to express/release without setting up that resonance/repetition. Thank you Tony.

Of course another way of looking at it could be, the loss was the release even if via repetition. And now the tide will start to turn, an offering, here is everything I have infinite universe - take it - I know you will supply more.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 10:31:39 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 09:23:40 AM »
Omega-You-have-obviously-never-tried-either-a-LifeStream-group-which-are-totally-different-to-any-sort-of-counselling-or-therapy-group-and-it-is-just-you-or-doing--it-alone.

Sorry-my-space-bar-doesn't-work.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 09:38:52 AM »
Hi Tony, Where do you find such a group? I have done some home movement exercises..but living conditions don't suit right now. Glad you understand about how powerful such energies are, as you outlined in your previous message. A lot of people don't understand..

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 11:49:44 AM »
Omega – Because I stopped running classes about 1998 and became slightly a hermit and not physically active so there are no LifeStream groups any more. But I hope to move to France about August, and maybe attract a few people who are interested.

But something similar is Subud groups. Their headquarters are at Old Bank House, 1 High Street, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9AD. www.subud.org.uk/

They have a softer approach than Lifestream, but are a worldwide organisation with groups in many places.

But Anna has experience of practising alone, as explained in : http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/water-wonderland/

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 11:33:13 AM »
Great thankyou Tony.

Reading Anna's experience gives me a straightforward exercise I can try whenever I can find the physical space.

I read up on subud and it looks interesting..who knows maybe France will be a possibility for me. Please update.

So to recap on the original post - it seems the answer is to find the healing, then the analysis, the why and wherefore of the effects of wounding, will no longer matter..

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 12:23:35 PM »

Omega  :)

I have 10 square feet to practice LifeStream and it is enough. Because we live in a small apartment in Vienna, with neighbours "everywhere", I have to go through the experience without making loud sounds.
"IT" still works  :)

It might differ for you of course, just to let you know.

I perceived too that many things drop naturally while going through the healing process............

Anna

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 12:26:51 PM »
Thanks so much Anna.. That really helps me in particular..

I was feeling I needed  to wait until I had a cabin on top of a mountain one hundred miles away from humanity..!
I will give it a go soon.

Thanks for this  :)

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 12:41:38 PM »
  ;D Omega  ;D

I do recognize that feeling too.
Perhaps that is also why I waited two years, before I was willing to give it a try?

What I perceived as healing as well is the "vibrating response" that came the night after I went through one of the experiences; http://dreamhawk.com/news/my-body-is-a-moving-sea/

I tend to believe that Life is so creative that when the willingness is there to be healed by "IT", that not having "enough space" (in my perception) or not being able to be loud, is not an obstacle at all.

Good Luck  :D

Anna

Tony - See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/vibrate-vibration/
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:55:52 AM by Tony Crisp »