Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 10039 times)

Jane123

• View Profile
Hi All
« on: August 15, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »
Dear All,

Am glad to have found site,very enlightening.
I was quite interested in dream analysis few years ago & kept a journal religiously, but lost interest & stopped noting my dreams. During a major cleanup this weekend found my dream diary was stunned to see many dreams were portent of what followed in my life years after.
Most of them at that time didn't make any sense but now I'm quite curious and was looking for a nice forum to join and came across this terrific place.
Thanks Tony for providing such a place & sharing your wisdom so freely!
cheers
Jane

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 10:39:41 AM »
Jane - Thank you for being with us and your comments.

What you say exactly reflects my own findings. A dream journal is an excellent way to check on all the changes that are presented in your dreams years in advance. I often point out that the changes the dreams point out often do not appear until months or years later. It isn't like they are predictive dreams, but about changes and growth you are going through or are about to meet.

If you feel like writing anything about this I would love to see it and might use it on the site.

Anyway - welcome in.

Tony

Jane123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 05:24:17 PM »
Thanks Toni.
Going thr' some of your articles here changed my attitude to dreaming itself.I never thought of using it as a tool for understanding the self.The reason i stopped noting dreams was, I got into meditation & spirituality and was convinced there was no point in noting a dream within the dream of life.
I am also quite interested to under my outer world thr' my inner world and vice versa.

Here is a sample, there are quite a few.
I had this particular dream 10 years ago, at that time, I was well established in my career & didn't have any plans to study further. In my dream I was in a front row in a class room and there was another girl with me and we were sharing a sweetmeat under the desk and enjoying eating it. A colleague of mine was standing outside the class room, he had a bag full of books slung over his head. I've never seen that girl in my real life.

But three years after I had the dream I suddenly quit my job & went abroad for studies and found myself sitting in the front row and yes, sharing chocolates. Till date, I don't know what made me quit & go for studies. I became friends with one of my classmates and she could bear some resemblance to the girl in my dream, I'm not sure.
I don't know what to make of my colleague with books.
--------------
Would love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks
Cheers

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 11:16:01 AM »
Jane – I would see the books as saying that you need to gather more information. A book can suggest your life experience or memories; therefore experience you have learned from. They can also indicate other people’s experience and ideas that you are considering, learning from or in disagreement with. In this sense they are acquired information – or information received from other people.

But in any change of direction it should link with inner and outer direction, and your dream has that in it. But can you define what it is your main aim is – destiny as it were?

Tony

Jane123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »
Jane – I would see the books as saying that you need to gather more information. A book can suggest your life experience or memories; therefore experience you have learned from. They can also indicate other people’s experience and ideas that you are considering, learning from or in disagreement with. In this sense they are acquired information – or information received from other people.

But in any change of direction it should link with inner and outer direction, and your dream has that in it. But can you define what it is your main aim is – destiny as it were?

Tony

Thanks so much Tony. Your reading is quite spot on about the books,in retrospect, I would extend this dream to acquiring knowledge.This colleague who was standing outside with the books, was in real life,someone I admired for his brains, a gold medalist. And me going to a far away place to study was very life changing for me in terms experiences and learning,both self learning and learning from others.
But in any change of direction it should link with inner and outer direction, and your dream has that in it. But can you define what it is your main aim is – destiny as it were? -I'm a confused soul and don't really know where I'm heading in terms of aim/destiny. Sometimes, I've this deep urge to leave everything & go for retreats for long periods, which I've done in the last few years and other times, I'm keen to explore this physical world & make myself useful.
I'm also bit conflicted in using one's mental powers that one gets thr' meditation for just worldly gains.
Your thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks for your time & wisdom again Tony.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »
Jane - I feel everyone has a destiny, but often we overlook it or cannot recognise it.

I feel sure that if you ask for signs of it it will show itself in your dreams. Also I often think that the 'long' view will give insights. By long view I mean skimming over the years of your life and getting an overall view of them.

Tony