Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stolen, Stripped Car  (Read 11778 times)

deepDiving

• View Profile
Stolen, Stripped Car
« on: April 03, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »
First, I want to give thanks for this forum. This was a nightmare type dream. I'm confused as to why I would have such a dream because lately, I've been in a great mood.  Thank you.

Dream:
I discover that parts of my car have been stolen. It has been stripped. Parts of the front, cabin, and back end are gone. It is down to its barebones. It has been left looking like a skeleton of what it once was. Though it looks very unsafe, I could still drive it. Someone told me to to take backroads to avoid heavy traffic. Two police men show up. One if the chief. I ask if I can by law drive the car. The police man tells me no. I become frantic and tell them I must go to work. How can I get to work without transportation. The chief says to me that he'll take me to work.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Stolen, Stripped Car
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 02:39:27 PM »
DeepDiving – Maybe someone else will help, but here is my contribution.

There are so many possibilities in the drama of the dream it is difficult to decide which is the key one. For instance, you start by saying that parts of your car were stolen, which can suggest that someone else or something else was involved. But because dreams are usually about the workings of one’s own being – rather like your personal inner politics - it could also mean that you for some reason wanted to wreck your car. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/autonomous-complex/ which starts by saying, “Many of the characters or elements of our dreams act quite contrary to what we consciously wish. This is why we often find it so difficult to believe all aspects of a dream are part of our own psyche. Some drives or areas of self act or express despite what we would want. These are named autonomous complexes. Recent research into brain activity shows that in fact the brain has different layers or strata of activity. These strata often act independently of each other or of conscious will. Sensing them, as one might in a dream, might feel like meeting an opposing will or being possessed by an alien force. Integration with these aspects of self can of course be gained.”

All I have to make decisions with is in the words you use. A car can mean your body, or your ability to be independent, or as you have said, you must go to work.  If indeed you are unconsciously destroying your own impulse or motivation to work it shows a conflict between your deeper feelings and you conscious decisions. The police chief is a sign of your feeling of right and wrong, and you feel strongly that it would be against the law, your duty and sense of what effects it would have for you if you do not do what is right according to your social training.

To explore for yourself you can use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson. Also, imagination is a great way to work with and even make changes or integrate the autonomous parts of your nature. Maybe it helps to read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony