Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Moose/Deer  (Read 3971 times)

Somebody

• View Profile
Moose/Deer
« on: April 04, 2016, 02:17:24 AM »
I had a dream I was with a permaculture instructor I did a course with a while back and he was showing me a miniature plan of a site. Kind of like a miniature scaled down version of an apartment complex, like an architect would use. But instead of a building, it was covered in plants. A moose or a deer, I'm not sure which, appeared and his antlers came off. They were spirally and made of really ornate wood. The permaculture instructor put them on the board. I was admiring the beauty of the wood. The moose/deer had small immature antlers left where the old antlers used to be. I touched them. They felt really soft. Like they were fresh. I looked to my right and the ground was rocky. Like cliffs at the beach. It seemed very barren. My daughter was running ahead. I ran after her. She called out, but I couldn't see her. The moose/ deer started running towards me. I remember thinking if he attacked me I was snookered because he would be more sure footed on the rocky surface, than I was and he'd be sure to catch me. But he didn't attack me. My daughter called out to me. I thought she had fallen down a hole but it turned out that she was ok. She was with friends and it was a beach party. That's all I remember.
It feels like the dream means something but I'm at a loss as to what.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:20:39 AM by Somebody »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Moose/Deer
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 10:14:54 AM »
Somebody – The dreamt of permaculture instructor needs to be explained. Everybody we meet and interact with becomes an inner person – as an example - many people do not realise that they have an inner father equally as powerful as an external father. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by loving and living with your father, and they are what makes you the person you are. This is true even if your father was never there for you – you still have all the memories of him not being there for you filed under ‘Father’. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner father can appear in dreams because you are still deeply influenced by what you hold within you.

So your inner ‘permaculture instructor’ represents not only what you got from him in waking life, that they became an inner person, but he became even more than that. For in making him into an inner figure he became part of your unconscious heritage, and so attracted a larger wisdom that the unconscious has. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/the-unconscious-2/

So to really begin to grasp what your dream involves you need to take time to really enter your dream figure – use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

My guess is that you have opened up or contacted important new attitudes or realisations that are a means of new views and a move to greater awareness as described in The Unconscious. It also led to an overview – miniature plan – which is probably an insight into your possible future, your immense potential. But to really enter into such insight you must realise that dream images are like icons on a computer screen - You have to ‘click’ on your dream images to make them come alive. Thinking about them doesn’t work. You need to open yourself to the magic of them. To make them into the wonderful gateways they are you may have to learn certain skills, such Being the Person or Thing.

The appearance of the animal is a part of your growing awareness – meeting the animal that you are – the animals in your brain - see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams

Because our personality is only a tiny and new thing, and in many cases has lost awareness of  our animal heritage, we have dreams of introducing our conscious self to the wonders of the animal that we are. The antlers falling off suggests another season of growth – for they fall off at the end of a season and grow again. You were shown the beauty of what projects from us from our instinctive past. The antlers show the natural urge to protect ourselves, to match and test our strength and fitness in gaining a good mate and to drop it when it is not needed.

The antlers fell if showing that you/the inner animal is not threatening you, as it demonstrated later – but you have some fear about this aspect of you.

Your daughter probably represents a young exploring part of you that you have some anxiety about but even so you allow this part of you great freedom.

Please, please take time to enter the dream figures as described. It is a real learning process, but when learnt it is a wonderful new sense that you can have, as important as hearing or even sight.

Tony