Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Desk  (Read 4642 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Desk
« on: April 11, 2016, 02:07:47 AM »
I am sitting at a large desk in an office.  A man across from me who seems to be drawn as a cartoon, white and outlined in black with black marks for hair, is across for me.  He is angry.  I am trying to explain to him that having a  child felt like I was being punished.  In the corner of the desk, close to me, on my left, is embedded a large diamond in the wood.

(I think this goes back to my childhood in a way.  I was a pretty happy kid until my parents put me in charge of my three younger siblings.)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Desk
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:03:33 AM »
Chris – The large desk probably indicates a large or important work you are engaged on – most likely work on yourself.

The cartoon figure is most likely a distorted figure to get a message home to you. It is probably about the anger you still carry about being made responsible at a young age. Such things can leave mark for ages.

But your dream shows, despite the cartoon characterizations, you only have to reach into you less active side – the left – and there is a precious part of you that is not new, but a part that is embedded and held by you own natural growth – probably from the past. See if you can contact it, for it is important. This is most likely the large or important work you are engaged on.

Tony
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:05:27 AM by Tony Crisp »

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 12:48:01 PM »
Thank you Tony and yes, it feels like an important dream.

Something I forgot to mention is that the man also said "you have (or are) taken or taking a lot of pills."  The man's manner seemed frantic. The office was dark, dark files on the desk, the desk was dark except for the corner.  Also it came to mind that in an office, usually the offices of "power" are in the corners of the building.  So the diamond was in the corner of the desk.

Last night I dreamt of white lockers or safe deposit boxes or large rooms...all had numbers.  Someone, it was not clear who, told me that mine was 72 and we were on our way to it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:16:37 AM by Christine »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 11:05:00 AM »
Chris – The only thing I can come up with is to quote from Pill.

“An experience you need, or are making yourself meet because you think it is good for you; something we ‘swallow’ because we think it is right – we may ‘swallow’ lies or excuses; an attempt to deal with internal feelings by external means”.

The72 might be a personal association, such as a house number, a person’s age, or a number associated with work or ??

Tony