Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream & Meditation  (Read 7917 times)

Jane123

• View Profile
Dream & Meditation
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »

Dear All,

I got a question on dream & mediation. I find when I meditate before sleep, I don't get dreams and sometimes, during my meditation I drift into a dream state, I hold my sitting position & and am conscious of my surrounding.
I know I'm not sleeping. :)

I would like to know whether to treat the dreams/ visions that occur during meditation in the same way as that happens during sleep, and explore this experience? OR take it as a sign of lack of concentration and bring my mind to focus again. Sometimes i'm able to regain the focus, other times i can't.

Would love to get some clarity on this.
Thanks.

cheers
Jane

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream & Meditation
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:56:06 AM »
Jane - It depends what you experience, but usually what I call waking lucid dreams are much more useful and understandable. This is because consciousness can sort and question and make it all clear much more quickly than when in the dream state.

I see that we need both the unconscious and conscious in harmony to really be working at full efficiency. The recent film Limitless is an interesting example of this.

Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-waking-lucid-dream/ as this explores the area.

Tony