Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Desert/Am I dead?  (Read 6212 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Desert/Am I dead?
« on: April 19, 2016, 12:41:00 AM »
Yesterday I remembered that I had a dream recently in which I heard "You are going to the desert."  I read the description of desert in the Dream Dictionary, part of me started crying and part of me was watching my reaction.  It was very odd.

Last night, this was the major part of my dreaming.  I am in the backyard of my parents house.  Wearing a gold blazer and trousers, gold feminine high heels.  There was a portable gas grill and I wanted to cook bacon for everyone.  The grill was small and I was putting too much bacon on, some slid off.  What was left on the grill was not enough.  I bent down to pick up what had fallen on the green grass and it was as if I split in two.  I stepped out of myself, or maybe my image, the outside of me came off.  She stepped in the bacon with her high heel, slipped and hit her head.  A few other people came up, grey figures, and I keep asking Is she dead?  Some medical people came and put her on a stretcher.  Someone had put an oxygen mask on her.  She was not dead.  She took off the oxygen mask when she came to and sat up.  She had long black hair.  Coal black eyes.  White face and no glasses.  I wear glasses in reality.

I am not sure but I think it is about my feeling like a failure and seeing myself negatively as I could not please or satisfy everyone.  What do you think?  Thanks.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Desert/Am I dead?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 11:11:02 AM »
Chris – The backyard of your parent’s place is most likely an influence from your youth still active in you - was it to please others to act in some role?

But you slipped up by overplaying what you were doing – you made an error of judgement.

The split is a sign of observing your self – a sign of greater awareness. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/self-observation/

The more aware of yourself you become, the more you will meet difficult feelings and self-judgments – like “feeling like a failure and seeing myself negatively as I could not please or satisfy everyone.” It is not about putting yourself down but simply observing and possibly changing.

A practice that can be very useful is be aware of and name what you are feeling or reacting to. For example, you see something and react to it. But what have you reacted to? Is it a theory, a supposition, a story about something that you believe? If so name the reaction 'a theory'. If it is something you read that you now put forward as a fact, name it as 'something I read'. If it is an emotional reaction name it 'an emotional reaction'. If it is a conjecture, name it as that. If it is a fantasy, then call it 'my fantasies'.

This is an advanced form of self-awareness and brings great insights. Naming often takes away the self-judgements and blaming we put upon ourselves.

The woman who wakes is again a part of you that you are becoming aware of but is new and partly unknown - she woke means to ‘wake up’ to one’s situation or to come out of a period of withdrawal.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 07:55:07 AM »
Thank you Tony.  Naming what I am reading or perceiving will be very helpful.

I also started looking into the Human Design System, which is a combination of Astrology and the I Ching.  I had my chart and an initial reading done years ago and only started to look into it in more detail recently.  I am using mybodygraph.com.

I was reading that my Incarnation Cross is the Left Angle Cross of Prevention. "As the Cross of Prevention you speak from a place of love and caution guiding others to prevent following patterns or paths where they might get hurt. Though your goal is to lovingly help others to avoid a negative experience, your guidance will not always be welcome. Make sure you follow your Human Design type and strategy and, most of the time, this energy will be fully accepted by the recipient."

That piece of information was really helpful too.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 08:21:10 AM »
Chris - You come over so differently than the woman I first encountered way back.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 09:14:58 AM »
I hope that was a compliment!  I will take it that way anyway.  Lately I have had a tiny orange monarch butterfly pop up in my dreams.  Once on my bare skin and again in the space between my arm and torso.  Fun! 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 11:49:49 PM by Christine »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 08:05:07 AM »
It was a compliment - you have grown.

Tony