Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quilt  (Read 5436 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Quilt
« on: April 23, 2016, 10:40:44 PM »
I'm in a location from the past, a job that had a ridiculous workload and drained me dry. A woman is saying to me that I worked too hard, I think 'well why didn't you help me at the time?!' But I say 'well it's too late now' and I leave. I've spotted an owner next door, I'm going to warn them, but decide For Once not to give help to those who abandon me in my times of need..

Then I'm showering at a pool and hear voices - it's people from another old job that was a real boys club, I feel my desire to make it work and also to belong, but I realise it's pointless, I pass by the guys bonding and chatting in the swimming pool locker room and I say nothing and I leave.

Then I'm walking on the road in front of my childhood home, there's a very bright intense sunset of golden hues, I'm moved by it, I think of Turner, then I look down and notice I'm walking pulling my duvet/quilt behind me and that it has the same colours and shapes and I realise that my quilt is actually creating the sunset.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:12:59 AM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Quilt
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 10:36:15 AM »
Omega – It looks like you are coming to useful conclusions and realisations about old habits of relating to people and work. A pool is a place – in dreams – where a lot of sharing takes place, and showering is showing you ridding yourself of old feelings. You move out of that inner situation – maybe feeling a bit lonely or lost as to what to do or a direction.

The duvet is the key to your answer. I have it as a comforter, a warmth – but that doesn’t quite make sense added to the rest of the dream; so I suggest you seek out your personal associations with it.

But the sunset has a great meaning. A glorious end of a day – a period of your life – and the promise of a new beginning. It is only now that you realise you caused the golden light yourself, and you were dragging it behind you – in the past.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 01:21:05 PM »
Thank you Tony.

I guess my automatic associations with quilt is 'my one safe space' BED!  :)
when I go to my bed, no one can get access to me, no draining, competitive energies - in the past if I tried to reject  such energies I would be told I need to be more tolerant because 'life is just like that'..

Well these days I subscribe to 'You get what you are willing to put up with' so the dream seems to echo that. Now I see there was nothing to learn in those situations - I walked away but only after long hard roads trying to improve the situations, but they didn't improve, as those other people were benefitting from the dynamic.

..walking with the quilt, reminds me of a young child upon waking looking for her parents while dragging her comfort blanket. But I'm definitely an adult so it also has associations of a train of a dress.. a 'technicolor dream coat' ? tho I don't even know what that musical is about..

the natural and most immediate association with the quilt is Sleep! Therefore dreaming. Sun setting - crossing over into sleep. The sunset colours - the energies of the day/night to come.. So I feel there's an element of my dreaming world (the colourful quilt) creating the physical (the same colour sunset) in this dream here..

What's good about this is there is a sense of energy, creative power, agency.. related to my existence... A big contrast to many experiences of powerlessness and to the battles I did not win as depicted in the first part of the dream. But in real life yes, lonely & lost as to my direction..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:39:07 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:04:48 AM »
Omega - Being lonely & lost as to your direction is a sign that you have let go of the other directions. You will probably find that you have many directions you could go, but one or two will appeal to you more. So let yourself be confused until you clearly see the many roads you could take

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 09:55:07 AM »
Thanks Tony

:)