Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Disturbing dream, genuinely seeking guidance.  (Read 5537 times)

Totodoodle

• View Profile
Disturbing dream, genuinely seeking guidance.
« on: May 02, 2016, 01:21:50 PM »
Hello, I'm completely new to this forum. I'm someone who has always experienced frequently graphic, vivid dreams. Many are disturbing and or obscure. Therapy has never helped me understand them better. I mostly guess the meanings, or ignore them. I've even practiced lucid dreaming before to help me better understand my subconscious. If someone is willing to read through my most recent dream, and help me better understand the meaning, I would be supremely grateful.

I'm 22 years old, and female by the way.

I'm going to nutshell this dream as best as I can, and I sincerely apologize for any graphic content. I'm honestly really embarrassed/scared by the subject matter.

In this most recent dream, I was abducted by aliens onto some form of sterile space-craft. Everything was overly clean and metallic, but I was allowed to free-roam. I never actually saw the aliens. After wandering around, I met a girl about my age. She was no one I knew in real life. She looked much different than me. While I am short, curvy, and dark haired (always wearing it loose, I never wear it up.), she was lean, tall, and blonde, with her hair in a pony tail, which I can't make to save my life. This girl and I talked for awhile, I don't know what we were talking about. I think we probably spoke calmly about being terrified that we were on this space ship. She informed me that she had been there for a little longer then I had. She proceeded to tell me of the resident alien-creatures nature. She told me that they mutilated her genitals, and that the only distinguishable part left, was her labia. Everything else was purely skin, where the parts were. She actually revealed herself to me, opening herself up. It looked like what she described, essentially just skin, with more skin fading into itself, where it should meet the clitoris and vaginal opening.

This terrified me. I woke myself up catching vomit in my mouth. Later after cleaning myself up, I went back to sleep. This dream continued, only it expanded. The ship crashed into the ground, and an opening was created. I was preparing to walk off the ship, and I offered to travel off with this nameless/castrated girl, but she said she needed to stay, she had been here to long to leave.

I remorsefully walked off into an earth that I didn't know. It was some form of post-apocalyptic. Society as far as I could tell, still remained, but was existing with much fewer people. Almost everyone was mutated graphically. I remember walking by a teenage-looking boy, around 15 or so. He was injured, wearing tattered clothing. His skin was burned, and he was stumbling around holding his head. He looked like he was in pain. His face was this inverted bowl-shaped structure with insect mandibles in the center. The bowl could rotate, however the mandibles would not, they would only wiggle and open and close. When the bowl would rotate, it would expose a single window-like eye that would rotate along with the bowl. It was shaped like a tiny submarine hole. The eye would shine with a bright light, and show the inside of his face, which looked like an old-fashion black-and-white movie playing, but only on the left inside of his face. When the eye would rotate over the movie, it would project it outward, like a projector at a movie theater, However when you looked at the movie from the inside of his face, it was upside down. It also flickered wildly, like a strobe-light. The movie audio sounded like painful screaming, muffled by classical music.

A man showed himself, and he was apparently my friend. He was no one I knew in real life. One side of his face was horribly disfigured. He had a hole where his left eye should have been, and his ear on that side, was also just a hole.

This didn't seem to bother him, he acted like it had been this way for decades, even though the apocalypse that caused the mutation had been fairly recent.

He said "don't worry about me, I get special powers from my disfigurement". Then suddenly I could see through his eyes. I looked at the world around me, and I looked upon a normal, non-mutated man. Through this person's eyes, one eye saw this human as.. well, a human. The left side could in fact see, but it saw him as a horrible monster. This creature with bulging eyes, and a horse-skull-like mouth. He had what looked like infant fingers running out of his mouth, squirming fanatically like maggots each time he would speak. And while I could tell what he was really saying through the right ear, he was asking me what I could see through my friend's eyes, in the left ear, he was joyfully singing a song in a child's voice, that was somehow harmonized with several other child's voices. I think the lyrics were something overly-whimsical. Something like "Lets all go play outside today. The sun is shining bright. The jungle gym calls my name today, I'm going to catch frogs, and live in the sun." (Pardon me for the odd song. I really don't remember the lyrics to well. In the dream, I could have sworn it rhymed.) These horrific images and sounds overlapped with the reality of what this man I was looking at, actually looked like.

I cringed, and the imaged faded, revealing the man as what he was, just a man. My friend with the special powers laughed at my reaction, stating that's what his reality is like, and he has grown used to it and tunes out the extra noise, not being specific as to what that meant. And then I woke up.

Somebody help. I have no idea what any of this means.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:36:52 PM by Totodoodle »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Disturbing dream, genuinely seeking guidance.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 11:05:08 AM »
Totodoodle – What a dreamer you are – but to really try to get you to understand your dream I need to have you catch up with the latest views about dreams. So please read what follows.

Whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.

You cannot be hurt in your dreams. You cannot drown, you can’t die in a dream, no tiger or other animal can harm you. Of course you can feel feelings of dying, or being hurt, or drowning, but they are all images you create because you feel afraid and you haven’t faced up to your fears.

The alien can also depict something very new and previously not experienced in regard to your own potential or mind. Frequently the alien in your dream represents aspects of your mind that have not previously been consciously experienced and so may seem frightening or difficult to understand.

Considering that estimates suggest that we only use one tenth or less of our potential, it is not difficult to see that a large mass of our own inner functioning and experience are normally unknown and is called ‘the unconscious’. It is therefore not surprising that we have ‘aliens’ in our dreams and experience. When some part of this unknown area of yourself emerges, or presses for attention, one may depict it as an alien, after all, it is ‘alien’ to you. Quite often in dreams, or in UFO sightings, the meeting has a strong type of religious or sexual theme.

While we sleep our conscious self is largely or totally unconscious, and while we dream our voluntary muscles are paralysed – therefore another will or motivating force moves our body. So we have a Conscious Will, and what I will call a Life Will. The first one we have experience of as we can move our arm or speak in everyday activities; but the second will takes over when we sleep.

Because we are not used to knowing or seeing this wider and huge self our first feelings are that we are possessed by an alien being, or some dark shape or unknown creature. Remember that even while awake the Life will can control movements and thoughts. So any alien or strange thing that you experience needs to be treated like a dream. That is not to say they are vague inconsequential fantasies, because they are attempts of your Core self – the ET of yourself – trying to communicate a much wider awareness of what you are. Yes, an ET. For our dream self, our Core self, literally is not limited to our body but experiences life in a different dimension often beyond time and space – the condition of our universe at the very beginning – its Core Self. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/sleep-paralysis/ - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/autonomous-complex/ - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/core/

Apocalyptic dreams can indicate that you have realised that the world you knew is so riddled with destructive and anti-life feelings and thoughts you dream of seeing its logical conclusion - its death. Such dreams show you are going through radical inner changes and are seeking a different, life oriented way. Also you have felt a sense of such inner changes for some time, and you dream shows you some of the details of such changes.

The Autonomous Complex piece explains a little about the other girl and the aliens a bit more. Also the realisation that a sexual aspect of you has been badly hurt or disfigured. This is not unusual although it seems alien to your present understanding. Many cultures, the USA included, have massive distortions in their basic cultural upbringing about life and sex. Dreams tend to dramatise these to impress upon you what has been done you. In effect, a part of you that you were previously unaware of is not sexually functioning well. Such dreams are paving the way to heal such things.

The part about the man with the graphically mutated head is another dramatic way of describing your world according you wider awareness. It/you in the dimension of dreams, see the awful destruction that has taken place around you. The shift between the mutation and ‘normal’ is the dual view we are capable of seeing from having more awareness.

To explain it in another way, most of us are functioning on less that ten percent of our brain. You touched a higher brain percentage, and the first level of that as it flows up the body is the sexual organs. If we could function at 15 or 20 percent of our brain and deal with it, we would be considered as superhuman. The latest film Lucy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_%282014_film%29)  dramatises it, so it is worth seeing. 

The full blast hit your sexual organs, but if you had been able to allow it to flow further up your trunk, you would have experienced personal changes and greater insights. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/energy-sex-and-dreams/

Tony

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Re: Disturbing dream, genuinely seeking guidance.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 03:42:28 AM »
Part of your dream reminded me of this scene from The Wild Wild West.

https://youtu.be/oGJvaGe4uD4