Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hawk  (Read 4391 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Hawk
« on: May 10, 2016, 02:17:34 PM »
Extract:

I'm at a restaurant, odd looking young men with beards and strange costumes eat at the next table. One sings a medieval tune in falsetto and it's just stunning, another guy sings then, but he's not very good.

I'm in a huge cathedral.. some of the arches on the left open on to the outside, I see a hawk smoothly soaring and then it flies into the cathedral. I see a brown metallic looking insect about 3 inches long on the shoulder/collar of a man in front of me who is facing me, I don't see him clearly. The hawk lands on the man and with great precision grabs the insect in its beak. I am just so impressed and find the moment very beautiful, the way this bird is so masterful. Then the hawk flies back out of the cathedral.  Then a very large robin about 8-10 inches and rather portly is hovering mid-air among us as we stand there, not needing to fly, I say something about it loving the attention, and just how gregarious robins are, loving company. The bird is very happy though I think of it as being a bit shallow or bonkers

Im outside near a lake. A 'violin master' appears, he's a dark mysterious figure and throws a black violin case into the lake. I warn it's probably just a cheap instrument as I don't want my violinist friend being lured in to rescue it. Then I'm holding the bow, it's short, looks cheap. It seems I was right. There may have been an attached offer..'go get the violin and I will give you musical power, or prove to me you are serious about music' but really it's a ploy.

The figure feels like a trickster, want to cause problems. Uses something you care about and want to protect, to lure you into danger. Yet dressing in a long black gown as he does, isn't exactly a good disguise??!  ;D

and loads of other scenes
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 05:10:45 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Hawk
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 11:40:03 AM »
Omega – I am going to start with the figure in the long black gown – it is a figure of the night, a period in darkness when we cannot see things clearly, and so may seem in one way or another until further light comes.

The rest of the dream uses themes that link with the past to show the good and the not so good. The hawk shows a wonderful sharp and perceptive mind – yours – and also a part that is bonkers – all within a belief system – the cathedral.

Tony