Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dancing with my grandmother  (Read 4379 times)

miemoo

• View Profile
Dancing with my grandmother
« on: May 23, 2016, 12:23:35 PM »
My maternal grandmother appeared in my dream. She was joyful and playful. She ran over to a swing that had been tied to a branch of a tree. She climbed onto the seat and giggled as she swung. I was so touched by the moment that I wanted to take a photo. When I tried to look at her through the lens her image appeared miniature and I couldn't focus the lens, it was all blurry. As I switched my gaze from looking at her with my bare eye and looking at her through the camera lens, I became confused about whether she was actually there or if I was imagining her.
After she had finished swinging we started dancing together. We were completely joyful and free. I was laughing.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dancing with my grandmother
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:31 AM »
Miemoo – The description of the lens image and your response to it is a wonderful example of how dreams try to educate us and heal us.

You wrote, “I became confused about whether she was actually there or if I was imagining her.” It is a confusion that arrives from feeling that you are still in the waking world and so judge everything from years of thinking in that way – old habits. Was she actually there it was it imagination? The answer is YES – it is both in the dimension we inhabit in dreams.

Both are very real and true. You see most of our beliefs are built around the atomic theory, that says we are made up of tiny material atoms. So we are basically physical beings and as such will die. But the Irish physicist John Stewart Bell put forward a quantum theorem that has revolutionised the way reality is considered. In brief, the theorem states that when two sub-microscopic particles are split and moved to a distance from each other, the action on, or of, particle ‘A’, is instantaneously reproduced with particle ‘B’. This interaction does not rely on any known link or communication and is considered to stand above normal physical laws of nature, as it is faster than light. Prior to such findings it was thought nothing could transcend the speed of light. This suggests that the fundamental aspects of our body exist beyond time and space, and if a dream touches this level then it expresses a very different experience of time. Yet we still hear scientists talking about the boundary is the speed of light which we cannot ever break through.

Also, more to the point, the fact that light is both a wave and a particle is astonishing enough. More astonishing is the fact that its nature changes according to the way we observe it. Regarding this Mansfield describes an experiment where one particle/wave is made to pass through a series of mirrors along different arms. A single particle/wave is called a photon. As the single photon is passing through the series of mirrors, the method of observing it and measuring it is altered. This means that on its entry into the system the photon is a wave, but when the method of observing is changed, the photon becomes a particle. The astounding thing is that not only does it become a particle from that point on, but its nature is also changed in the past.

So in this amazing world that we exist in at our source – the quantum – we can be two things at any one time, and we also can change the fundamental nature of anything we give awareness to by observing it.

So your grandmother in her essence has left the physical world of her body and exist in a very different dimension – a dimensions in which she is only something you are aware through your brains ability to translate the formless into something visible to you. See http://dreamhawk.com/news/there-is-a-huge-change-happening/

Therefore, when examining the model of our mind, we need to leave space on one of the walls for a door. It needs to be a door that opens onto a different sort of universe than the one we may previously have felt to be solid reality. It is a universe that alters its appearance – no, its very nature – according to the way we observe it. Each question we ask of the universe, each attitude with which we approach it, each viewpoint we take, reveals to us a different universe. The universe is therefore not separated from us. We are intrinsically a part of it, and are participating in it. In some way the universe is constantly being created by ourselves as participants. It seems as likely too, that the ‘we’ the participants are constantly being created by the universe. And the past is not set in concrete. In some mysterious way it is linked with what we do in the present.

Tony