Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Astrology in dreams  (Read 8233 times)

cantkeep

• View Profile
Astrology in dreams
« on: July 01, 2016, 05:35:06 AM »
I'm wondering how likely or unusual it is to receive astrological information in a dream when you know hardly anything about it other than your own sign. I had posted about this in a different forum but then I found your website, Tony and I really like your interpretations so I thought I should share and ask you about it.

I had a dream today that I was exchanging messages with someone I haven't seen in years and have no real reason to be in contact anymore. I was reading messages sent by him. (I'm paraphrasing a bit 'cause I don't recall the conversation in its entirety, specially the first line is missing a lot):
He: That flower, Juno, I'm Scorpio.
Me: Are you a Scorpio? Excuse me, but I don't even know when is your birthday. What's Juno? What flower? I just know I'm Capricorn.
He: I was going to print it but then that stupid woman messed everything up.
(Funny thing is that as I was reading and typing I reworded my answer to not sound rude to his concerns as he acted like he was very angry)
Me: And what do I have to do with this? What do I care? (So I erased this bit and changed to:) Why is that bad that she got the flower wrong? I don't know anything about flowers, they don't even grow properly when I try to do it.
(the end, it was a very brief dream right before I woke up)

So I decided to google that Juno flower I have never heard about and turns out there is a flower called Juno, a "scorpiris", a type of Iris.

And then I googled "Juno Scorpio" and turns out Juno is an asteroid and I found pages about "Juno in Scorpio". The thing is prior to this dream I had no knowledge about any of it. I just know the very basic of astrology, I'm Capricorn and that's about it.  In one of the websites I found out about the "Juno in Scorpio" I was able to check my natal chart and to my surprise, I do have Juno in Scorpio  :P.

Then people suggested me to google also Iris, both flower and goddess and turns out goddess Iris was the handmaiden to Hera(Juno), being some sort of messenger. So basically people said that it was some form of guidance I just didn't understand why use the name of that person after so many years but the most important thing was that the dream lead me to a lot of information regarding my natal chart. Also by some odd synchronicity some days after my dream I stumbled upon a Jupiter article mentioning that "Juno"(spacecraft) will be arriving this month to orbit and research the planet, so it's in a way, Hera is going to see Zeus.

;D Lol, I literally had a laugh here, 'cause I just discovered why that person's name was there in the dream, his name starts somewhat like "Hermes", perhaps I misread it.  :P So maybe the message was from "Hermes" complaining about "Iris". Not that I believe in Greek Mythology but it suddenly dawned at me the similarity of names. I'm also not that knowledgeable about Mythology but the idea of him being a patron for "literature and poetry" pleases me. Probably the right message was, "That flower(Iris)...Juno in Scorpio" instead of I'm scorpio, I probably misread that message too.

Has anyone ever got/ mentioned astrology advice in dreams?

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Astrology in dreams
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 09:09:57 AM »
Hi,  I have been interpreting my own dreams for about 15 years and yes it has happened to me in a way.  I have also dreamt of Hermes, Athena and other Gods and mythological figures.  In a dream I was instructed to seek out Human Design, which is a type of astrology which also includes the  I Ching.  Welcome to Dreamhawk!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:11:28 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 12:07:05 PM »

CantKeep – I see the gods as the forces active on the universe that are universal, so also the astrological signs they represent. The silly way they are represented in films as powerful human type beings is ridiculous but entertaining. The planets, because they are expressions of universal processes of creation in our universe are very powerful in shaping us - in a way we are their children for it is the processes of life that formed you in the womb, your mother was a host and a carer…

Strangely I have recently been writing something which included the gods – my writing career started because I had a professional horoscope cast which suggested I had an ability to become a writer.

Here is a quote from what I am writing - The dogma of Christian teaching says there is only one God. But that is an untruth, for in Genesis 01:26 it says, “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.”

God says, “Let Us”. Who are the others being mentioned? The word translated God in the first verse of Genesis is, (In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth) Elohim.

Elohim literally means “gods” - a word which we associate with almost any nation rather than the Hebrews. What, really, were the “gods”? They appear to have been personifications of Divine Attributes, or the Forces at work in Nature. Around these “gods” the old mythologies were built.

The one God in Hebrew thought was ‘ain soph’ the unknown God and unknowable by human thought. Today scientists are still trying to find what was behind the creation of our universe and the Big Bang. They face the same problem – what began it all took place in a condition which is beyond human intellectual thought. So what we have in the word Elohim is reference the many forces of creation that emanated from the unknown god -  the gods. But we should not think of the gods as having human form and running our lives like some crazy government. The gods are the immense and formative creative forces inherent in our universe. We perhaps can recognise them in the immense and universal processes of biological life.

I believe that your dream, emerging from your core self, is a much better advisor than general astrology, because you are only a recent sprout from an ancient self – your conscious self with its physical brain that only has memoreis of this lifetime – the conscious mind – is backed by the huge consciousness - the uncsonscioius. It is this ancient and incredibly wise part of you that is advising you. So stay with open mind and heart. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/astrologer-astrology/ - http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/using-your-intuition-1/ - http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/the-prophecy-of-the-star-beings/ - http://dreamhawk.com/poems/the-egg-of-juno/

Tony

cantkeep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 09:27:38 PM »
@Christine
I haven't seen personifications of Gods yet, I think, not that I remember. Sometimes I can't remember or make sense at all of dreams, just fragments remain. Thanks for sharing as I had not heard about "Human Design" and I Ching I just know by name.  :)

@Tony
I find interesting that I always received praise for my writing but I always rejected the idea of it and now it turns out my life went places that lead me back to it, despite my initial refusal. If I have really a good potential, it remains to be seem, I'm the pessimistic insecure type.  :P
One thing I noticed yesterday after posting here was that in my pile of papers, drawings and sketches there is a "Hermes" I did months ago but I didn't remember it when I wrote here about him. No special reason other than practicing turning sculptures into people, I had seen one sculpture in a book about history of art. This is what I'm about drawing, writing, painting and sometimes playing and singing songs.
Perhaps my inner self is conscious of the moment it had chosen to be born hence knowing the "Juno in Scorpio" information that I couldn't know at all. I rarely seek astrology to know about future, I find it's more accurate in describing my personality(or how the planets influenced me), after I checked my natal chart I can see I agree with at least 80% of it. I also found the "shape" of lines inside my natal chart to be peculiar, at first all I could see was a triangle but my friends keep saying it looks like a diamond cut. After I checked it I could see others people charts and mine seems so organized, that I don't know if this is bad or good.  :P I can't read it by myself, though I did looked the information in the websites, but I find interesting that only Jupiter is on the other side.

Mercury(Hermes) is in Capricorn, my sign:
Mercury in House XII
With Mercury in the 12th House, you are in search of the unknown. You display keen curiosity about strange topics, the paranormal, as well as unusual people and worlds. Your intuition and your analytical mind form one whole piece, and they perfectly blend into each other. You try to understand what is unexplainable, and to feel what is impalpable, which boils down to squaring the circle! In such conditions, it is most likely that your mode of communication has its own specific rules. Your comportment is pretty bizarre.

Thanks for the links.  ;)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 09:06:16 AM »
The tenth house in the carreer maker, and you have sagittrius in that house :Sagittarius in the 10th want to teach the world everything they know. You have a strong desire to expand not only the minds of others, but your own influence as well. This causes a lot of Sag Midheavens to desire the fame that comes with being seen by many. You tend to have a “lucky” career when you get set on an influential path, and will only keep that luck alive if you play by the rules, and check your vanity at the door.

But you have Mars in the house too:"As Mars is ruling physical power, athletics as a profession strongly connected with it. Mars also is the ruler of all jobs with uniforms, thus being responsible for careers in the police and for doctors, especially those who are of chirurgical background. We should not forget that knifes, sharp instruments, and generally everything involving metal, its use and its transformation are under the influence of the red planet. A lot of important surgeons have Mars in this house. The presence of Scorpio on the house’s cusp, or adverse aspects from Pluto to Mars can create a person who actually takes pleasure from using knifes, even from inflicting pain to others. This does not mean though that he would not be a good professional. The adverse aspects show conflicts and emotional separation from the dominant parent in the young ages, and can manifest accordingly in his vocation. Mars being in Taurus or Libra is an indicator of moral scandal, and natives with this placement should concentrate in keeping their ethics and strategies clean in their profession."

Also - "With a Sagittarius on the midheaven I feel like I’m continuously fighting for what’s just. I will always do what is right and may I add… at all costs. I was recently written up at work over something I perceived as bullshit-it happened during last mercury retrograde- needless to say it didn’t stick. I confronted my boss as to why he did that & he explained his boss instructed him too. I expressed to him I felt he had no integrity. Sag is nothing if not blunt. He stated he was simply following the rules that had been set forth. I hold a Union Position, ya know supposedly I have job security; I’m the Union delegate allegedly it is impossible to get fired. He replied he has to follow the rules; he has Virgo on the midheaven no shock there & went on to say if I wasn’t in the union I would be more of a rule follower. This could not be further from the truth!

I would risk being arrested, fired, ridiculed & condemned in search of the truth. I’m the person that stands up in the meetings when everyone else is quiet & tells Corporate America you are full of shit! You put band aids on problems & never offer solutions.

It’s hard for me as a person to live within the confines of inequality. I try to respect others need to follow out orders but generally I think more people should go against the grain. There is a saying I do not know the exact verbiage but it goes something like: you need to be more leary of the quiet unassuming hypocrite then the outwardly passionate because the outwardly passionate are the one of the 2 that are honest.

"I’m blunt in speech, attached to my values emotionally with the moon in the 2nd house & I continue to fight long after others have thrown in the towel. Though sometimes like now I’m tired & wonder if someone else can carry the torch for a week or 2.

Some ways my Sagittarius midheaven manifests." Quoted from Astrology sites.

But with signs of intuition in your chart you could perhaps try  using to get through to the real meaning if your dreams - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson 

Tony
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 08:58:14 AM by Tony Crisp »

cantkeep

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 07:29:06 PM »
Also - With a Sagittarius on the midheaven I feel like I’m continuously fighting for what’s just. I will always do what is right and may I add… at all costs.

I would risk being arrested, fired, ridiculed & condemned in search of the truth. I’m the person that stands up in the meetings when everyone else is quiet & tells Corporate America you are full of shit! You put band aids on problems & never offer solutions.

It’s hard for me as a person to live within the confines of inequality. I try to respect others need to follow out orders but generally I think more people should go against the grain. There is a saying I do not know the exact verbiage but it goes something like: you need to be more leary of the quiet unassuming hypocrite then the outwardly passionate because the outwardly passionate are the one of the 2 that are honest.

I’m blunt in speech, attached to my values emotionally with the moon in the 2nd house & I continue to fight long after others have thrown in the towel. Though sometimes like now I’m tired & wonder if someone else can carry the torch for a week or 2.

I can definitely relate to this. Though I find I'm not as determined as you because of lack of confidence, hoping it will develop with age. Don't you ever change, because you're here in this world to open eyes, Tony, you're the catalyst. That was a precious advice.
Also about Hermes, I've being told he's a good 4th stage animus representation, so I guess I'm progressing even if slowing. Thanks for the help as always.  :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 09:01:01 AM »
Keep in touch with your dreams, they have so many 'voices' or roles, everything from therapist through prophet or even an occasional angel.  :)

Tony