Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Long dead husband coming back in dreams as if live  (Read 5729 times)

Weedy

• View Profile
Long dead husband coming back in dreams as if live
« on: June 02, 2016, 09:13:12 AM »
I posted this in comments under the article about dreaming dead people but as a comment to somebody else comment so I am reposting it here.

I remember my dreams very seldom. My first husband died 13 years back and I was married again but the second connection was not even near the deep connection I had before.

I think it was the only time I experienced a real love and a very nurturing connection with a human being. My parents were distant and abusive. Speaking in realistic terms, my first husband was probably more of a people pleaser and I had my mom and dad in him.

We were just 4 years together as he died in a motorbike accident. I do not think I ever recovered properly after this great loss.

I dreamt of him around 4 times now. Three times it was a very vivid dream as if happening for real. All the details were so real and live that I was sure it was happening for real. He would just come back home as if usual. I would scream, where have you been all this time? He would just say casually, I had some business you know and then I would be so releaved things were ok again. To wake up to the shock of reality in the morning that would hit me for the next few days.

Tonight it was a different dream. First I could not get to him immediatelly. I had to come in circles in some city streets and when I came to the point he was already gone. The chase part was more blurred I am not even sure if I was walking on foot or driving.

Then when I met him finally (from here on it is again very clear as if happening for real) he was with some man, his friend. He came close but acted distancing from me and not talking to me as if he was angry at me. Then I spoke to him in dispair and he dropped his defence, his face was loving again but he still did not speak. We laid down to sleep on the ground his feet against mine. His body was lined up more with this other man.

I feel very moved and can’t find peace after this dream. If you or anyone would comment, I would so much appreciate that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:24:05 AM by Weedy »

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Long dead husband coming back in dreams as if live
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:56:51 AM »
I feel very grateful for your willingness to share your dreams here.  A part of you created this dream and I am pretty sure it is the part that has or is working on internalizing how this man treated you.  He is the part that represents you nurturing yourself.  His feet touching yours, he gave you a good foundation.  You are getting ready for a real love and a nurturing connection with another human being...you!  I feel so happy and excited for you!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:11:54 AM by Christine »

Weedy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 02:42:40 PM »
Thank you Christine very much! It makes sense what you wrote.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »
Dear Weedy - Many people do not realise that they have an inner husband equally as powerful as an external husband. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences, along with all the feelings or problems met by loving and living with your husband, and they are what makes you the person you are. This is true even if your husband was never there for you – you still have all the memories of him not being there for you filed under ‘husband’. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner husband can appear in dreams because you are deeply influenced by what you hold within you.

That he is dead makes it even more real, and it can also be a mixture of a real communication and your own mixture of feelings. Nothing we sense in the world is directly known, but it is all impressions that are translated into a sense of smell, sight, hearing, etc. So the eye receives reflected light from an object that is translated into nervous impulses, which is then received by the brain which translates what are formless nerve impulses into what we feel we see.
So in dreams we tend to put pictures or images collected from everyday experiences to put an interpretation on our formless dreams. We do this because we tend to have an experience of the world based on our body senses, and our dreams and communications from the dead come from a very different environment, so we put it in images and ideas we understand. So when we dream about a dead person communicating with us it can be distorted by our view of what death is – or our associations with the dead person.

So any uncertainty of worries or feeling that you lost contact with him causes the dream to go in different or difficult ways. Also the, “shock of reality in the morning that would hit me for the next few days” can cause enormous repercussions in your dreams. It seems you have not really adapted to his death and what the experiences of the dead are. Remember that at death we have no physical organs to speak through, so it all has to be done through thoughts. Also that at the level of thoughts we create huge difficulties by what we think. So a thought such as, “I am not a medium so I cannot talk with my dead husband” is like a brick wall that we have created and cannot get through. Thoughts and imagination are incredible powerful and are real at the level of dreams and the dead – and of course our own inner world.

I am not sure what the other man lying with him means, but you can find out for yourself, for all dream images are projections of your own realisations and emotions, but can be only semi-conscious, so use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony

Weedy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 01:15:11 PM »
Tony, I am so touched you answered my post... You opened so many new layers for me that I am sure I will come back to your answer many times in order to incorporate all what you said. HUGE thank you!