Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 4 dreams, recurring character  (Read 5695 times)

cantkeep

• View Profile
4 dreams, recurring character
« on: July 01, 2016, 08:22:35 AM »
The character is a deceased famous person that I'm not a fan of, merely knowing a few radio hits. I received the news of his death with some surprise but didn't feel it, even though there was quite a understandable reaction from his fans at the time. I had never dreamed of him before.

First dream there were people and talk about clothing and shoes. Then I saw him and it was a real dark place so I gave him my shirt as if he was going to get cold or something and he accepted it. I had no reaction. Then my dream literally rewound, same scene over again and this time I noticed that since I gave him my shirt I was exposed. I got embarrassed and he kissed my breasts.

Second dream, days or weeks after, he appeared and took me to a store to try and buy a black lace dress. Thing is I don't ever wear dresses, but I did as he said. Then we walked through some streets then he started trying to kiss me or make out and I got tremendously embarrassed. I remembered seeing a bunch of little kids standing next to us which made me even more embarrassed. Then I could see his face really close, all details as if it was a super high definition movie, all I could think was "But he's so old."  Immediately he started to feel sick and I tried to carry him, so I saw another man being treated by a doctor and I asked him to help him too. The doctor said he would see him next, he fainted or something like this and then the doctor said he was dead. And then I thought to myself, "omg the man has died, was up and fine and died again, what have I done"

Third dream, probably about a month after, he appeared again, but this time young as a 20s to 30s something and took me to a fountain where he showed me two ladies, one dressed in black with dark hair and one dressed in white with light hair. Then before the dream ended his youth started to vanish and he was becoming old again.

Fourth dream it was like a cameo, he wasn't part of the dream until the last few moments of it. I was in a distorted version of my home and then I got inside of it and locked afraid of people outside. When I got to my living room there were people wearing Venice masks, but they were like fantasy beings instead of real people so I ran and cursed my decision of locking the door. My legs went high while I ran like in an unnatural animation motion and then I got to the other side of the house and there was a little unknown girl and she told me there was nothing to do about it, we would be fine if we stuck together. I crouched and merged to this girl and we waited, a third girl came and merged with us then a man came and started abusing and torturing the first girl. I couldn't see it but I knew it was happening and we were all crying like little children. Then a "flower contour" came floating of her and got fixed into the marble of my porch. Then it was my turn and I saw myself surrounded by some weird black torture objects and I could see a face of an actor appearing and disappearing, flashing in a way (I have no idea why, I wondered if it's because he plays villains somewhat frequently) and I was also being abused. After it ended another "flower contour" came of it, different shape this time and fixed itself into the marble as well. Then it started to happen to the third girl. Some older woman appeared and rudely complained "What's taking so long?!" and the third girl was interrupted in the process of remembering, she didn't finish it. At this point I realized the first girl was now an elder lady, I was myself in my real age and the third girl was still a little girl. And so we realized in the dream that the three of us had been kidnapped but when people rescued us the third girl had already died. The two of us tried to comfort the little one and then the recurring character/famous guy appeared staring at me, young again, seemingly angry, went inside the living room and broke the glass of a crystal cabinet. I don't know who's the rude lady.

One thing I can tell is that anytime I see pictures of this famous deceased guy I say in a jokingly manner to friends(I've always said this), "He's so hot" "I'd do him" or something similar to it, but I never truly considered having anything with him or even had any fantasies about it, he was almost in his 70s when he passed. I find strange to have dreams about him just after his death and because I was never that into his career or him.  I could understand having dreams with somebody else I had fantasies but him...it feels off. Though I'm sure he's a sexy symbol to some.

Anyways I thought it may have to do with not being into older men? I'm 26. I feel it's odd that the first 3 dreams seem to connect each other despite not happening in the same period. In the second it is as if he was buying me something because I gave him something, there was the age issue and so in the third dream he was young. There was the fountain so maybe it relates to the fountain of youth? I thought the two women could relate to Yin Yang. Now the fourth dream was really disturbing and downright sad and I don't know how he fits in it. Or the other actor, I'm not sure if there is any pun to their names.

I saw this here in dreamhawk:
Breaking something made of glass: Breaking a relationship; shattering an illusion; broken hearted.

But I don't think it fits, unless I'm missing something. Because of another dream that had nothing to do with him(one about astrology, I even posted about it in "questions about dreams") I checked my natal chart and I happen to share the same astrological sign and ascendant of him, so considering this detail previously unknown to me what aspect of myself can he be representing?

Christine

• View Profile
Re: 4 dreams, recurring character
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 09:15:28 AM »
When I have had dreams about celebrities it usually is about an aspect about them or their image that I may share or react to.  I am just curious as to which man you are dreaming about?

cantkeep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 07:00:06 PM »
It's David Bowie. And the actor in the fourth dream was Ben Mendelsohn. I had never dreamed of this actor before too. I don't think I share much aspects with Bowie, I'm in no way as exotic or vibrant as he was.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 12:50:04 PM »
CantKeep – First of all the easy part - Breaking something made of glass. Context is everything. Breaking a glass bottle over your head and smashing it against the bow of a ship has a totally different meaning because of the associated ideas and feelings we might have about it.

If I look at the themes in your dream, the first is death, associated with someone – or some aspect of you that hasn’t played a great part in your conscious life, but he obviously represents something you were mostly unaware of, which was emphasised by the next part; “Then I saw him and it was a real dark place.” Darkness shows that you could not see, be aware of it/him clearly. Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/

As you will see, we use people and characters in dreams to represent important aspects of ourselves. Also dreams are like stories, and the reason most people cannot understand their stories/meaning is because they are told in images, themes and drama – the old language humans understood before words. You move on to a caring role in which you are very open and loving. A sign that you are allowing the ‘hidden’ aspect of you more fully into your waking awareness. Remember your personality is just a tiny part of you, as you will realise that a large part of your life is spent in unconsciousness/sleep. The huge part of you is the enormous processes of life that created and upholds you.

The second dream takes the story further, trying to get you in a dress – perhaps trying to emphasise your femininity, while he, your masculine self tries to unite with you. Sex in dreams is taking place in a very different dimension working under very different rules. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

Also you need to read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/ - It will help you to realise that you have a creative thought partly dead or hidden male self which is trying to unite with your conscious female personality.

You have quite a drama taking place in you, for your sexual self is still influenced by your girl inside you. To help you understand this see http://dreamhawk.com/relationship-sex/beware-of-love/ 

Your reactions toward the male part of you are extreme and so the attempt at unity dies out – which does not mean it will not try again. What have you done indeed? Well more understanding of what you are under the surface will be a great help.

I cannot comment so fully on the last dream, but again it continues the story with a deeper look at your inner world. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

Basically it seems to say that your experiences as a young girl are now becoming more apparent to you. It suggests that hurt was done your emerging sexual feelings that have held back the mature woman you have as your potential. /it will help if you can manage to experience this young part of you by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony

cantkeep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 05:35:07 PM »
@Tony

Thanks, it's a lot of information to process, but I think I'm making some progress.  :) I'll check the links, thanks for being so helpful.