Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Disturbing bug dream  (Read 4109 times)

jjules108

• View Profile
Disturbing bug dream
« on: July 02, 2016, 09:47:35 PM »
I had a horrible dream last night and I can't stop thinking about it and wincing at the thought. I kept finding ticks sitting on top of my hair and then little bugs on my shoulders. I couldn't figure out where they were coming from and then I looked down and my shoulder and back had big holes all over and looked so disfigured. My boyfriend pointed out that I had bugs living inside the holes in my back (about 1inch wide and 2inches deep) and he helped me pick them out because I couldn't reach them with my hand. I woke up and screamed and haven't stopped thinking about it all day.....  :'( :-\ :-\

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Disturbing bug dream
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 11:25:01 AM »
JJules – Well something(s) have been eating away at you for some time and they obviously freaked you out when you became semi- aware of them – semi-aware because dreams are actually often things that you are totally unaware of that start to get near to being personally conscious of but you haven’t quite managed.

You as a person – and this is quite general – are only a small area of consciousness, underneath which is all the real works and insight. When you watch a TV program all you see is the surface picture, but of course you are unconscious of the tremendous activity that is behind what you see – hundreds of workers are involved. Look at the film credits, literally hundreds. And that is true if the ‘picture’ you see of yourself, the enormous part of you is unconscious. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/the-unconscious-2/

But the Real Works of us tries to care and communicate things we need to know to keep  us healthy via our dreams, our visions or intuition – don’t confuse intuition with anxiety which people often say is a gut feeling.

Also it is important to realise that because our personality, our self-awareness, is not usually prepared to meet what we hold in our unconscious – as I in the example given in The Unconscious scrambled back into the shallows of consciousness with fear. So because you have not looked into the ‘deeps’ of you before you screamed. But the dream process is very careful not to expose you to too much too soon, so you are ready to explore further.

This is shown in your dream as your husband picking away at the problems eating away at you. You are not dreaming of your husband but what he represents for you – probably confidence and self-help. See number 2 in http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

So my guess is that your thinking is often about things you are anxious about, and these thoughts and anxious feelings are gradually even influencing your body – your shoulders. Obviously this is just a guess, but you can find out for yourself by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony