Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Damaged Father's Car  (Read 5727 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Damaged Father's Car
« on: July 02, 2016, 06:50:09 PM »
Hello!

I meet one of my sisters, who I've been avoiding in everyday life because she's such an emotional drain on me. She looks ill and is happy to see me. I go outside. I'm sitting in my Dads car and showing some woman who has a nice vibe how to put it into reverse so we can drive off. I'm in the passenger seat. We drive a very short distance when I 'see' the outside left of the car has been scratched. I panic as I would hate for any damage to occur while we are using in my Dads car, so we stop and I get out to check. When I get out initially its just the scratches but then I look and the car is completely devastated by damage, the roof knocked in, damage everywhere, someone had scraped words I can't read on the side and the two back wheels are gone. I'm confused as to how we could have driven if the car was this damaged a few moments earlier when we took off.

I understand the car symbol when it's my car. I'm just struggling to interpret the fact it's my fathers, tho I have been using his recently. Does the dream relate to me as in my usual car dreams? or this time more specifically to my father, my relationship with my father?

In another part of that nights dreaming I am driving a car. I have a ballpoint pen on a chain, like you see in banks, the window is open and the chain part flies out the window.. I keep driving but think again and reverse doubting I'll find it but I do and I fix it back on the pen, thinking whoever owns it will be happy and it's just nice in general to take care of things. It's twilight.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:09:47 AM by Omega »

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Damaged Father's Car
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 07:16:06 AM »
When I have had dreams of being a passenger, I have interpreted it as my direction (being in the car) being strongly influenced or controlled by the driver.  The driver as a woman might be an actual woman in my life or the female part of me that is prodding me follow my fathers direction, his path or even his values.

The dream might be trying to bring attention to an influence in your life you are not consciously aware of yet.

You might also feel some internal conflict about needing to use his car and the dream might simply be about that.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 08:26:16 AM »
Omega – I had a hard time getting into this dream, but feel its major theme is decision making and the result of those decisions. It is also about your drive, your ability to get where you want to go in life – the car.

You start off with the feeling of wanting to avoid what you are facing at the time of the dream. But you ‘go outside’ of the feeling and you are influenced by two major things – the woman and your dad.

Your father’s car is an interesting one because it represents, as far as I can understand it, your father’s drive/ambitions and its influence on you. We often unconsciously take on a lot of our parent’s attitudes. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-conjuring-trick

The woman gave you a good feeling, was that what caused the car to crash because it was a real change in regard to your previous direction?

The wrecked car need not be a bad sign, but may indicate that your relationship with females has wrecked your involvement with ambition – or else is a way of indicating differences of opinion. Maybe try being the wrecked car and noting your feelings and reactions.

I wonder what you feel about the owner of the chained pen, because it suggests that ‘out of the window’ can mean something you had or felt is now obsolete, superseded, or irrelevant. But you reversed your decision and wanted to be chained to whatever or who the pen links with.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 04:44:56 PM »
Thankyou both.

My current reflection - the woman is me and also an empowered female artist I recently connected with. It's me realising I am that. The destruction of the car, to some degree a loss of respect for my father, as I see he is not a source of emotional support and never has been. The loss of my idealisation is painful.

The pen was somehow related to a writers retreat centre, as well as an individual I can't remember. Perhaps not a specific person. The road was pretty, romantic, soulful. Stopping to get the pen was a change of my usual time is scarce attitude. The action was 'I will make choices based on my values, not on perceived outside forces'.. Yet the only time I see that type of pen is at a bank counter..  So there is some connection with money
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 06:18:13 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 11:59:56 AM »
Omega - Thank you for that feedback. It shows how much we are involved in our associations for a good understanding of our dreams.

Well as you pointed out, the pen links with money/banks and also writing - so a new story develops.

Tony