Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: danes and a field of maize  (Read 5377 times)

mikey

• View Profile
danes and a field of maize
« on: July 14, 2016, 03:29:15 PM »
Hi tony
bit stuck with this dream hoping you can give me some pointers.
I am in an open field with a group of danish people , we are looking at a large field of maize , I hear a strange whoosh noise as the sky turns a little darker, I notice that it is a huge hail of arrows that have been fired out of the maize.
I shout out shield wall, all the people with me raise 3 lines of interlocking shields to form a protective barrier against the hail of arrows fired at us, the chap next to me lowers his shield for a split second and immediately gets hit in the heart with an arrow, he asks me to pass him his sword which he has dropped on the floor, this I do for him .
while I can see the plot from a few viking type stories /myths etc I have know idea what it is about.hoping you can stir a few things up for me.
kind regards Mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: danes and a field of maize
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 11:48:26 AM »
Mikey – It is obvious from your posts that you are well read in myths and Viking thoughts. So in dreams we tend to put pictures or images collected from everyday experiences to put an interpretation on our formless dreams. We do this because we tend to have an experience of the world based on our body senses, and our dreams and communications from the dead come from a very different environment, so we put it in images and ideas we understand. But in your dream you have a mixture of cultural influences that you are using to lead you to understand the messages from your Core.

The Danish people represent what you have interiorised from your study of their mythology. The ancient myths legends and fairy stories are not to be put aside as ‘fairy stories’, they are incredible facts about our inner life.

You are then faced by a large maize field, which I believe is part of Native Americans symbology. Because maize was eaten at nearly every meal, and because it was therefore life sustaining even in difficult times, it was seen as holy - a sustainer, giving fertility and therefore a link with the Giver of All Life.

The maize field however is shown in your dream as a source of attack and death – exactly what you would expect when you are confronted by the Giver of All Life – something that other dreams have shown you. But it is not a threat to face death in this way. People confuse their personality, which is a mixture it beliefs as to who they are, a swirling mass of emotional reactions, their confused thinking about what they should be or do, with what they actually are. We are, you are, an amazing expression of LIFE and that is beyond any definition or normal human understanding – so it is important that our personality or ego needs to be transformed into the mystery of being. One needs to let go of all the beliefs and feeling we have about being you connected with having a name – Mikey.

The death of the Danish man as he let down his shield, his resistances, is a true way. He asked for his sword as he died can show it as a spiritual strength and victory, because the sword was his greatest source of victory – and also it is the form of a cross.

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 07:55:07 PM »
Thanks tony for your fast response,
reading your thoughts I was reminded of a previous dream I posted which you responded to as well,
the message to me was , to let go, let go of everything, this theme of letting go, dropping ones defences, ones beliefs etc seems to be a major theme, one I have yet to fully understand,
the dream I had last night seemed to follow my last post,
I am hunting a demon, like a Minotaur, confronting it, we wrestle, as I do this the demon the  turns into Thor, then into Odin, I realise that the this devil was god all along, now doubt this is meaningful
Mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 10:07:46 AM »
Mikey - That is one of describing it - letting go. But  there are many ways if doing it. I wrote another way in  - How I  became a Virgin - http://dreamhawk.com/news/how-i-became-a-virgin/.

Also in relaxation, but I added in a comment that it is not about just relaxing your voluntary muscles, but carrying on and relaxing your thinking - not by a huge effort of stopping your thoughts, but gently letting them drop like tense muscles.

The problem is that we believe are thoughts and beliefs are us. I heard a new reader say, "I am Charlie Dubney". I made up the name, but if we believe we are that person we are living s made up life. We ought to say, "I am named Charlie Dubney."

Also we often believe that letting go of our personality or ego will be like death - but in fact we continue to be Charlie or Joan but with an added dimension - like putting sugar in you coffee. You still have coffee.

Yes but the devil you wrestled with is not just God, it is You - You are God all the time.

There is a story in Sufi literature about a holy man who one day, with his face shining cried out, "I Am God. I Am God!" His followers accused him of blasphemy, so he simply smiled and kept quiet.

Tony
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:29:42 AM by Tony Crisp »