Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Roots and being scared  (Read 4741 times)

alchemistbythesea

• View Profile
My Roots and being scared
« on: July 18, 2016, 03:21:48 PM »
Hello,

I've been inquiring within myself recently (actively over the last several months) and have asked my spirit guides to show their level of trust with regards to my abilities. I use an herb blend of mugwart, coconut oil and lavender to increase my dream intuitiveness. I am highly intuitive, but not psychic, though I practice daily.

Last night, I had a dream of what I knew to be my own roots. They were large, but not long and they look to be coming from an unearthed tree, but I knew they were roots of myself. I felt scared because they looked like they had been through some terrible experience. So then I became scared for myself.

When I awoke from the dream, I felt ungrounded and unprepared for such a vision...as though I may not be as ready for my abilities as I had recently thought.

I would like some insight on Roots of oneself.
Thank you,
Victoria

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My Roots and being scared
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 10:24:09 AM »

Victoria – A great dream with perhaps a life changing meaning for you.

I suppose you have looked up the entry on ‘Tree’? It gives a good start to what your dream is about - The tree depicts the living structure of yourself or another person. In particular, it shows not only your past in the condition of its roots and trunk, but also what you have grown into and what your possibilities or potential are.  It is what has grown from the past into the present. Its roots show your connection with your physical body and the earth, your family background and influences, and cultural roots; its trunk the way you direct the energies of your being – growth, sex, thought, emotion. The branches are the abilities, directions and many facets you develop in life – varied and yet all connected in the common life process of your being.

Here is an example of a young woman who dreamt - She is shy and introverted. She decided that she must make a change in her life, and become a bit more sociable and outgoing. She took a holiday at a big hotel, danced every evening, and chatted in the bar. Then she dreamt, ‘I was in the hotel room looking out of the window. As I looked I noticed that the scenery was slowly moving past in a circle. This began to speed up, and I realised it was not the scenery going round and round but the hotel. I became terrified and felt I must get out. I ran down to the entrance, and saw that the hotel was like a huge tree. It was turning round and round being twisted off its roots. I jumped to the ground just before it fell.’

She was twisting herself off of her roots, her basic character, her anchorage, her basic self.

Your situation is different, the thing that cut you off from your anchorage to the earth may be that you have decided to become ‘spiritual’. That is fine except if it puts you out of touch with earthly everyday life. There is an ancient spiritual instruction which says, “Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” It suggests we build heaven on earth. We have a spirit and a body, and it takes real spiritual work to make our highest insights into the art work, the weaving, that is our physical life.

Of course you tree can be re-rooted – so ask your dreams how to go about it.

Being psychic is everybody’s gift, but often people unknowingly keep the door closed on it. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/using-your-intuition-1/

Tony

alchemistbythesea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 05:03:58 PM »
Thank you for your insight. I thought separating my spiritual interests with my physical world would be better since they are so different...Logistics Mgr by day--numbers, planning and factoids, vs Witch Hazel and Mugwort by night, haha.
I'm so good with balancing different agendas for their own development. I suppose asking my inner self would be best, though I agree with the spiritual instruction of just living. I suppose "uprooting" my original thought process was necessary for a more open mind. It isn't easy seeing the new when the old is haunting. And it can be scary, as it was in my dream.
Thank you  ;D

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 08:57:14 AM »
Victoria - Thanks for writing back.

I started a compulsive search for the spiritual at 13, which became stronger as I got older. But eventually made myself ill and had a terrifying nightmare that took years to meet and overcome the terror. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself/#MyOwn

But it came to a head when I had an extraordinary dream as follows:

I was walking across open moorland, followed by a crowd of people. I was their leader, and was supposed to be leading them to ‘Salvation/God’. The only thing was, I had no idea in which direction salvation lay. We came to a barbed-wire fence and stopped. I was considering the best place to cross, when I noticed a rabbit beyond the fence. My dog was with me, and leapt on the rabbit to kill it as in my previous dreams, but this time the rabbit fought back and bit his foot, and my dog stood back respectfully, as he would if a cat clawed him. I now saw that the rabbit had turned into a huge and powerful hare, with four pink furry babies. Then the hare spoke to me, saying, “Where are you going?”

I told him we were looking for salvation. He listened and then quietly said, “Turn back. Go back to whence you came.” At this I became irritable and said, who was he to tell us what to do. There were so many so-called authorities telling people how to discover truth, and yet most of them either disagreed or hadn’t found it themselves.

The hare looked at me and suddenly disappeared. Then, in a few moments it reappeared. This impressed me tremendously. I felt it was a sign of complete self-mastery, and knew the hare was the Master. He then said again, “Go back, and carry on with your accustomed tasks. Do not wildly seek the Kingdom of Heaven, for you already have what you seek within you. Your seeking only hides it.” Then we all turned around and went back to our village, and carried on our usual tasks, knowing that in time, we would realise our heaven – find Self through facing our everyday life and fears and so growing.

It took me ages to give up my daily meditations and other attempts to ‘get there’ – but I have found peace and courage. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/tonys-experience-of-stroke/

Tony