Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Self Harm Dream.  (Read 6610 times)

jazzisadinosaur

• View Profile
Self Harm Dream.
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »
For the past couple of weeks I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping. Everytime i try to sleep, i see knifes and blades cutting wrists, but i don't see any faces. I have a past of self harm though I haven't cut in over 3 months, and have had no thoughts of cutting other than these dreams. I'd love if somebody could help me out here and tell me what it means ? I've sorted out my life and have no reason to want to self harm again, so I'm confused as to why I'm dreaming about this...

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Self Harm Dream.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »
JazzIsaDinosaur – One of the astonishing things about being human is that we are made up of so many ‘selves’ and influences. So do not be afraid of this dream or the other self you see cutting wrists.

This can usually be sorted out quite quickly by what has been called the two chair method. This will be explained in a moment, but it is a method to help two aspects of you to find an agreement that works – and in your case gets rid of the dreams. But first a little explanation:

As I wrote in my book, Lucid Dreaming:
No computer, however amazing, can yet do what your mind does in creating a dream. It produces a living being such as a dream character that can have a conversation with you, and in doing so draw spontaneously from huge areas of your experience or memories. Behind the image lies enormous data, emotional response and created patterns of behaviour. So the main thing to remember at this level is that you are in a full surround databank of fantastic information. You can tap this information just as you would with any person, by asking questions and prodding for a response. But, even the trees and animals in your dreams are also enormous reservoirs of information, linking back perhaps infinitely with your potential and experience.

To do this, imagine yourself as one of the characters, animals or objects in your dream. It may help at first to have two chairs – one empty and one you are sitting in. The character or object of your dream is in the empty chair. When you are ready to be that character move from your chair, sit in the empty chair and speak as that character. You really need to let that character speak without any editing. So in the case of your dream, who is a hidden person, you could say, “I don’t really want to be known, because I like to hide my activity of getting you to feel like cutting your wrists.”

That is only an example so let yourself speak freely.

To answer or question the character from your own identity, move to the original chair and speak from your own character. So you could confront the character by saying, “It is doing me no good to have you hiding like this. Show yourself.”

Be playful and curious in doing this. Question the character, and when you move to that role, let whatever your feelings are as that character motivate what you say and do. Exploring your dream in this way unfolds a great deal of information that would otherwise remain unconscious. It also enables you to make real changes in unconscious attitudes or habits, as you are literally dialoguing with areas of character patterning or programming, and can change them.

Tony