Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Uninvited/Loss  (Read 4595 times)

marianne

• View Profile
Uninvited/Loss
« on: July 29, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »
I've just woken from a dream which made me weep.

Firstly I was at a friend's house. This friend is particularly warm, inviting and inclusive in real life, but in my dream I discovered a list which invited hundreds of people to a special Christmas party to which I was not invited. When I asked her about it, she refused to give an explanation. I then got in my car (in real life I own a van) and gave a lift home to one of her friends who was at the house. On my way I accidentally drove on the wrong side of the road and just missed a head on collision. The car and passenger were fine. Following this I experienced some memory loss in the dream itself and my next dream experience was arriving back at my friend's house having lost the car and its contents ie my bag, keys, purse with all my cards - entire identity!

My friend's husband came with me to "look for it" in town. The town in my dream was by the sea. I experienced some "flashback" within the dream of having been into town and entered a bar/restaurant to use the bathroom which was in the basement. We checked there - no sign of my bag. We returned to my friend's house. She was there but using her own bathroom. By this time there was someone else at the house and both she and my friend's husband AND my friend's children were all urging me to go home (which was impossible since I had no car or keys). I wanted to wait for my friend to come out of the bathroom, when she came out I asked her again about the party and why I wasn't invited (in a right state, sobbing). She explained that she was going to ask me to use my van to give people lifts home from the party! (she would never ask this in real life). After this it was clear that nobody wanted me around, indeed there was coldness and I was being told to leave. I awoke very upset.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Uninvited/Loss
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 10:00:24 AM »
Marianne – What have you been feeling and thinking lately to create such a dream? It includes a lot of very powerful images/themes. But please remember that dreams take place in the privacy of our own being, brought about by your own history of negative and positive experiences reflecting back to you from your core self. As such they are about your inner world and comment on it. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/core

When you think about a friend or a person you meet, you are only taking in your thoughts, impressions and feelings about them. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by meeting or living with them, and they are what makes you the person you are.  The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. So your ‘inner friend’ is not necessarily a comment on her, but may be used by your dream to present a powerful feeling and lesson.

The first feeling made all the more powerful is that a close friend has – in the dream – ignored you, producing feelings of being of no importance and leaving you in tears. But is this a recent feeling, or does it go back to a time when you felt deserted and unloved – a real childhood feeling?

But that is only one of many other things shown in your dream. The next theme is driving on the wrong side of the road suggest that you know you are going the wrong way in your decisions or against public opinions. You missed having a bad argument or collision of opinion with someone or people.

The memory loss is maybe an indication that you are becoming aware that you, your conscious personality is only a tiny part of you. We really know almost nothing of what keeps us alive, our digestion and the intimate working of our body and consciousness. When we are seriously ill we may begin to realise that. Your memory loss may be saying that there is a lot more of you to remember, and you may be moving toward that expansion of awareness.

I say that because your dream tells a story. For after the memory incident you were by the sea, showing your nearness to the huge sea of consciousness, which hides so much under the surface of our personal life. And to add to that you go into the basement – again representing that you are getting nearer to looking more deeply into yourself. Strangely enough, the more you grow in your personal awareness, the more you meet things that challenge you and lead to strong emotions. That is because our personality guards itself from difficult or painful realisations. They are kept behind a barrier of forgetfulness, just under the surface in the basement or under the sea of our awareness. Nut if we meet and pass through this area, a whole world of peaceful wonder appears.

You lost or are about to lose the ‘key’ to your driving force (car), your motivation – something that is a part of the journey away from the original small world of thought most of us are brought up within. See http://dreamhawk.com/news/there-is-a-huge-change-happening/ and http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program

The end part of the dream may also reflect a huge change in your world view. The party can represent the feelings people have to do something, to be involved with others because they have not dealt with their own difficulties and loneliness. They usually involve alcohol, another aid to forget ones underlying feelings. Maybe I am wrong, but ask yourself honestly what were you crying about. Maybe explore your basement or sea by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony

marianne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 12:08:40 AM »
Hi Tony,

Thanks so much for your insight and wisdom. Yes, I think not long after I wrote it down (which was only a few mins after the dream), I realised a little more about the external situation my dream was reflecting (an old wound that has recently been reopened) and how my dream had transposed this situation on to a new friend. 

But your added insight leads to layers upon layers that need to be explored. I think it could take some time to explore this dream, but I think it's probably necessary!

Many thanks, I really do appreciate it.

Marianne

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 07:40:40 AM »
Marianne – Thanks for the feedback, it really helps.  :)

Exploring is a great way to go. But explorers need to have equipment on the journey, so because I do not know of your background, I offer you what might be useful information. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

Tony