Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vivid Dream of plane crash & aftermath  (Read 4617 times)

ccomerford

• View Profile
Vivid Dream of plane crash & aftermath
« on: August 05, 2016, 10:15:45 AM »
Last night I had the most vivid Dream I have ever had of a plane crash & it has kind of spooked me.
I was walking with my brother up a street in my home town when we looked up and saw an Emirates plane do a loop in the sky and fall toward the ground. I never saw it hit the ground because I was running away from it as I thought it might hit us. But as I was running I could see the ground shaking & people being knocked off their feet by the impact. But I never felt the ground shake or fell & I continued to run & shout to people that an Emirates plane had crashed.

However when I looked back at the plane there was no sign of a crash, no explosion, no smoke but everyone knew something major had happened. I phoned the ambulance & then returned to the crash site (which I couldn't see but knew it was there) which happened outside a church. I opened some doors & found bodies of people all spread out flat on the floor but there was no marks on their bodies or no blood anywhere. I could make out exactly what they where wearing. They where all dressed as if they were coming back from holidays. During all this I knew that I would be traumatised by the sight later. Then I went out back & saw more bodies but again just normal people as if they were asleep on the floor. I looked to my right & saw there was one survive who was wrapped in a blanket hugging someone else at the scene.
The oddest thing I found was when the ambulance drivers arrived  (2 males) they were naked and trying to raise money for a charity!! Then I was woken up.
The whole way through my dream I had a feeling of shock & disbelief that I was witnessing this event.

I have had dreams of plane crashes before but nothing this vivid. I can still remember everything so clearly. Please could you help me figure out what it meant? :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Vivid Dream of plane crash & aftermath
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 05:28:52 PM »
Ccomerford – Dreams often tell a story, but often we miss seeing it because it is a series of scenes. So let me try to piece the pieces () together.

You start with a walk with your brother = (Oneself, or the denied part of self, meeting whatever is met in the dream. These may include rivalry, anger, feelings of persecution, love and admiration, authority, or an outgoing ability to deal with the world.) But you seem to be at ease with this aspect of yourself.

You or course need to realise that nearly always when people dream about someone they know or a strange new person or situation they automatically believe the dream is about that person, situation or animal. But when we think of our friend or partner our thoughts are not them – just our thoughts and feelings about them. So dream images are ways of communicating via our associations not actual things or people. In the world of dreams our most intimate fears and longings are given an exterior life of their own in the form of the people, objects and places of our dream.

You looked up and saw an Emirates plane coming down. Looking up suggest directing your interest above your normal view, or taking in things that were above your normal living experience. So maybe you touched a wider awareness, which can be a huge shock for many.

The Emirates plane is run by an Islamic country. So what feelings do you have about the Emirate plane, because the dream story is 50% created by you, and 50% by your core self? But whatever your associations with the Emirate plan you were obviously shocked and run away from really confronting what it represented. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/core/

Experience shows that our dream images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind. So what was the fear about in your dream, the shock of which knocked several of your dream characters over? Perhaps you can see this for yourself by being a dream character and then switching to yourself as you were in the dream, by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Remember that the intimate details of your dream story are made up of your personal associations with characters and situations of your dream.

Something major had happened, for it happened to your inner life. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner for dreams are mostly a depiction of what is happening within you. It is far more important than your outer life. Something fell from on high and crashed into your awareness. So what have you learned, experienced our even seen that had such an impact on you?

Yet nothing outwardly has been disturbed. You asked for help by calling the emergency ambulance – it often concerns the stress felt by some part of our personality. Again, you can defuse the situation by being aware of the tensions or stress contributing to the dream accident. Deal with the stress of tension, and thus avoid its possible consequences. An accident in a dream may also suggest feelings of being out of control, or not being able control events occurring around you, perhaps heightening stress. A crashed plane can often link with worry about failing. Can be anxiety bringing down your ambition or adventurousness; a loss of self-confidence or mental equilibrium; warning about a business project; broken dreams and hopes. Sometimes shows or refers to a break up in a relationship. Do any of those feel linked with you?

It crashed outside a church. The church can be feelings you have about religion, or it can be your awareness of what is holy or fundamental to all life, and therefore eternal, such as the urge to exist; the cycles of life and growth; reproduction and interdependence. Without further information from you about any connection you have with the church I am simply guessing, so you could try being the church. So was the shock being confronted by the reality of the fundamental you?

The scene of the naked ambulance drivers suggests that they might showing who they are beneath the social roles and rules, in fact saying this is nothing to be scared of unless you have difficulties about showing your true feelings.

The figures could appear as if sleeping, and death in dreams if often either a death of an old way of life, or a confrontation about your own feelings or fear of death. Yet apart from your shock nothing awful had happened. It could almost be a scene from a film set where it was all acted out.

To sum up, it seems that something big and unexpected entered your life and you were shocked by it. But there were no marks on their bodies or no blood anywhere, asking you what were you so shocked about? Or at least, why were you so shocked by it to run away?

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Vivid Dream of plane crash & aftermath
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 01:43:30 PM »
The dream seemed to point out your awareness of others pain. or invisible wounds, that they might suffer or carry with them.  Maybe you have some disbelief that others do not see that or do not want to acknowledge that they are aware of these invisible wounds in others.  The plane crash might imply someone's carelessness or thoughtlessness or someone even deliberately causing the pain.  Some people deliberately shut off their sensitivity to avoid having to deal with consequences.

Maybe the dream is about the plane crash you were in and the invisible wounds you carry.  The shock that others expected you not to be fazed by it...they acted as if nothing happened.