Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Leg cancer and priorities of saying goodbye  (Read 4831 times)

Butterfly. Girl

• View Profile
Leg cancer and priorities of saying goodbye
« on: August 09, 2016, 12:58:14 AM »
I recently had a dream that has me feeling alittle stressed and confused. Although lve always been a deep dreamer this one has stayed with me.
I dreamed that l found out l had cancer in my left leg and l needed to say goodbye to everyone. However in my dream l had to choose the importance of people in three groups, choosing my least closest people in grouping them from three being less important to group one being the closest. I was quite stressed as l thought not only l didn't have long to live but l was confused about a certain friend where she should be put.. She has recently done some things to one of my closest friends that have been hurtful..
Is this a warning for a future health problem l might have or is it about the importance of friendships..
I've recently started a relationship of three mths and we take everyday as they come with no future plans ( after marriage and kids l thought this is the best way to see things as lve been very disappointed in the past)
Has anyone dreamed anything similar or can someone enlighten me to an understanding as lm struggling to let it go,
Regards Butterfly. Girl

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Leg cancer and priorities of saying goodbye
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 10:19:28 AM »
Butterfly – I don’t see this as a warning about your health – at least not the health of your body, but maybe about your inner health, which is possible to heal. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

Your left leg, if you are right handed, indicated that your less dominant or less conscious motivation, the emotional and physical strength you use to get about in life, has been hit badly. For many people they have memories of cancer meaning a death sentence because in the past there was no certainty of a cure – but that is not so today.

But in the dream you are facing a great and major change in your life – symbolised by death, a psychological event, not physical. What that means is that you have outgrown your old beliefs and views, as you said, “I take every day as they come with no future plans (after marriage and kid’s I thought this is the best way to see things as I’ve been very disappointed in the past).”

Disappointment equals learning through experience, so you were ready for a big change, the death of the old you and the start of a new you – you have done it all before when you left childhood behind and started the new life as a young adult. I believe the pain you felt about marriage was caused by the views, dreams, and hopes that you inherited from your culture, and uprooting those crazy fantasies is painful, like tearing bits out of you.

I see the part where you have to choose the three groups is a natural part of becoming more mature. As we mature we have to make difficult choices. A son told me that he had to fire someone in his business, he said it was very difficult to do. In your case, the change you are passing through, is about deciding who in your life are worth treasuring as friends, and who to sack – an important decision.

The woman who you are uncertain about I suggest forgiving her if you can, forgive but do not forget.

Tony