Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cats and Kittens and dreams of snakes.  (Read 8872 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Cats and Kittens and dreams of snakes.
« on: August 27, 2016, 01:22:09 PM »
Last night I had a dream about having a cat with about 4 precious little kittens and the neighbor also had a cat with 1 kitten.

I've been a cat person for some time.  I had been with the same women for four years and we had a not-so-lovely breakup.  I believe it was within a matter of weeks that I came across this stray kitten.  It was malnourished and alone.  I spent almost an hour trying to corner her.  I finally captured her and put her in the floorboard of my truck and took her home.  She still lives with my parents.  To me she was a godsend to help me get through the harsh reality of loss.  I think the image of the four kittens and their mother is fairly straightforward.  I see myself as the mother and the kittens are my twins and two stepchildren. (This really hit me once I read about cat/kittens in your dream dictionary)  Wasn't positive on what to make of the neighboring cat and kitten. 

Snakes
A few months back I had a dream about a black snake crawling horizontally up along the outer wall of my house.  Recently my 3 year old stepdaughter told me she has been dreaming about snakes particularly a red snake.  I thought that was a strange coincidence as dreamhawk.com is about the only place I share my dreams.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:50:47 PM by Aristocrates »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Cats and Kittens and dreams of snakes.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 09:50:21 AM »
Aristocrates – Hi again.

The neighbouring cat and kitten, what you wrote gave me a clue. You mentioned your three-year-old stepdaughter, and how she dreams similar dreams. It could be that you have developed a link with her. The dream shows the cat and kitten were not from the same mother, so shown as a neighbouring cat with her kitten – young, step daughter, child. Just my guess.

Dream snakes are shown in many guises, but take the often enormous fear or emotions shown, I see snakes depicting the enormous basic – reptilian – energies we experience as feelings, reactions or the well-known one – the flight, fight, freeze or faint response. Or as we often see, the kill response. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

But in general the snake shows how you are relating to your primal energy. I give a fuller explanation of this energy in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/energy-sex-and-dreams/

The black snake can mean it is still unconscious and is not entering you/your house your consciousness.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 03:37:22 AM »

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 02:58:30 AM »
Christine, thank you for sharing the kundalini link.  I've read it over several times.  It's so much to digest at once.  It really struck me when it began talking about LSD experiences.  I actually had one around this same time two years ago.  Summarily, it was a perplexing, arduous journey for me.  Initially, I was in shock about all that I had experienced, but over the past couple years, it seems that it was preparing me for the huge changes in my life that followed.   I find myself using it as a reference point in my life.

I've wanted to truly address what happened but haven't known how to go about it.  I am very close with my younger brother and try to talk to him about it as to make sense of it but it never seems to get anywhere I would like it to go.  I guess I'm looking for him to be able to relate to the energies I felt but I can't blame him.  If you've never had that kind of experience it might just be hard to relate.

Anyways, I just want to tell it as it happened and I figure, what better place than here.  Here goes:

So, I decide to drop acid with a long time friend.  At first he wanted to take me to a state park to trip.  That's actually what we did.  The acid was on some sweet tarts.  I was supposed to let it dissolve completely but i chewed it up instead, so the effects weren't as great as I expected. I do remember thinking,"Wow, this place is spiritually significant."  I felt thoroughly connected to this place.  We were in a field, actually, a meadow, a naturally occurring meadow!!  As I'm writing this it occurs to me how rare that is in of itself!!  It was just a timeless place.  I could sense the history with my whole being, even through my very eyes.  I was so connected.  We were right next to a river.  It was a point of convergence for two other tributaries and the land between where they met was elevated.  I was downstream on the right bank where erosion from periodic flooding had created the meadowland.   

So we headed back to our town (30 minutes away).  He was sorta dating a mixed girl.  It was her birthday and he was kinda being an ass to her.  I couldn't understand why.  (I will say he seems rather lost on how to treat someone you care about)  We end up going back to his house and she comes over with us and we're like,"hey I didn't really feel that earlier, let's drop some more"  He gives me TWO hits right off those square cut outs.  He doesn't take any and I almost immediately begin feeling the effects.  I can see bugs everywhere.  I knew they weren't real but was instantly frightened at how it might progress.  I tell him, "Hey, I see bugs"  And instead of reassuring and coaching me through the effects, he says,"Naw man, there's nothing there" tauntingly.  I get upset because he is telling me that I'm not seeing what I'm seeing.  I should also mention that this house belonged to his grandparents who have only recently passed. I was attracted to the girl he was with.  I tried to hide it, but it seemed increasingly hard to be discrete as the acid trip progressed.  I remember seeing them sitting next to each other.  I could sense the melding of her passionate/emotional/warm energy and his callous/logical/cold energy.  The contrast was beautiful and it felt ceremonious to me, like I was part of an important ritual.  In her I could see other people, people who represented warmheartedness most to me most in my life.  In him I also, saw many people.  People, I love but who I feel are trapped in that cold, self-loathing, miserable energy but not necessarily who they are.
(Well, actually that is something I struggle with.  I don't think I am able to accept that people could truly be as calculating as they actually seem.  Also, I may be wrong to think of that energy as negative.  Maybe, it's useful too.)  At one point her mom showed up.  She was raw, overwhelming passion.  It was amusing, because I already knew her mother because I frequented the gas station where she worked.  It was a surprise to find that out.  She revealed her desire for me.  It was very flattering, sensual.  She soon left after that.  Also, there was a very maternal element going on with me that night.  I would go into a bedroom by myself to lay down when I was feeling really overwhelmed.  Laying down in that dark room only seemed to make it worse.  I remember laying on that bed in the fetal position.  I felt sick to my stomach and just dreadful, frightened even.  Then I progressed through the women in my lineage who have had children.  First my sister, then my mother, then my grandmother on my dad's side.  I felt their pain, their fear as a result of carrying children and not knowing how they'll manage. 

I also remember at one point a sensation where I'm a glowing maggot in a great crowd of well, not just glowing, but brilliant maggots slithering their way about through a vibrating current of electricity.  The kind of electricity you experience during orgasm.  It was so intense and could be felt swelling in the center of my skull and my throat and pulsing down through my chest, my abdomen and ultimately my genitals, thighs, and feet.  I imagine it to be what ecstacy must feel like.  The metaphor I came up with to describe what I was feeling was that,"I'm just a cricket who wanted a glass of milk" I still am trying to make sense of that.  I wanted her but I knew that at that time it was wrong to express that desire.  But I couldn't control that urge.  I wanted what I wanted.  He ended up sending me away in the middle of the night.  I left reluctantly as well as apologetically.  But I'm still tripping hard so I decide to just sit in my truck and wait it out a little.  I remember looking down at my phone and there was a text from my brother and said,"what's the point?"  that's how i felt at that time.  Very down and out. I also felt as though this was where the end of a separate reality of mine where I'm gay and drive off a bridge to kill myself.  Then somehow I work up the nerve to drive away.  As I'm driving, it seems I am being followed and I will ultimately end up on a dead end road.  And I also have visions of my father and his cousin in adolescence and then it's as though I am my grandfather driving to the house of my grandmother when they/we were both young and how she is such a beautiful soul and I went there with sexually aggressive intent and felt guilty about it.  I know, it sounds wacko but it's what I experienced.  Eventually, I end up parking at some random persons house with my truck pointing toward a field.  The sky was bright that night, made brighter by being out in the country.  There were dogs that greeted me. I was a little scared at first but felt I needed to earn their trust as not to be detected.  I stepped out and they were friendly dogs.  They sniffed me and seem to be welcoming of my presence. I got back in the truck and they left.  I remember sitting in my truck looking out over that field into the sky at the stars and thinking that I was trapped there for eternity, that the sun would never come up.  Eventually I came to and made it home and you got all the most juicy parts. 

Soon after that night I met the mother of my twin boys.  They just turned one last Friday.  It's been a very tough time for me, but now that I look back, I think that acid trip helped my subconscious prepare for this phase of my life.  She has two kids of her own.  A boy, 8, and girl, 3.  I took a job in my field of study and it didn't workout so she went back to work and I've been staying home with the kids.  It's been quite the learning experience.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 03:59:54 AM by Aristocrates »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 12:17:05 PM »
Aristocrates – Thank you for telling us that amazing story.

I see the beginning as very significant – as are the other parts but in a different way - "Wow, this place is spiritually significant."  I felt thoroughly connected to this place.  We were in a field, actually, a meadow, a naturally occurring meadow!!  As I'm writing this it occurs to me how rare that is in of itself!!  It was just a timeless place.  I could sense the history with my whole being, even through my very eyes.”

I believe that was a taste of enlightenment. It has the marks. A natural place, a meadow, showing the natural you without any problems or pretence. It was a timeless place, so you left time behind. Sometimes people sense it as the first day, which still exists and they are partaking in it. You saw or sensed the history of the place, so you were in a different way of sensing.

Such experiences are full of promise, for they show you a world which is the same, but is wonderfully different. Another sign of enlightenment, for we are still in our everyday life, yet it is transformed. And if you continue

Another person’s experience, “I became more lucid at this point, and realised that the house, the grounds, the snakes and the children, were all my own. I had this beautiful place to live, with wonderful parkland around it, and yet I was still searching. A creature experienced self-awareness. It was the greatest gift the processes of life and evolution could give. It opened the doorway to incredible possibilities. Yet somehow we have made it into a wretched thing, difficult to tolerate. We try to own it, we try to package and sell it. We exist within a paradise, and yet we make a hell of it.”

The rest of the experience seems like a massive amount of important areas that you need to digest. When we digest, whether it is an idea, something we have read or learned, it has to be first surrendered to the life process. We can see this in our body – it is first chewed and swallowed, then broken down into parts and the useful stuff, the building stuff, can be taken into us and the rest is passed out. The important thing is that even if it is dead or living food, it is transformed into our own living being – in other words our living understanding. If it has not been transformed through digestion it is like something dead inside us. But to be capable of such digestion we must swallow the experience and allow our unknown self to do its work.

Another person’s LSD experience about digestion:

“I was examining John minutely. “He’s dying,” I said to the watcher, who in turn assured John that I did not mean biological death. John’s features were still visible in the face I saw, and yet only a small part of the face that now appeared to me. The huge body of a man, a nation, lay dying before me. Life had withdrawn from the surface, leaving it like a brittle crust, immobile and stretched. But within, something stirred, deep under the crust. It was a liquid, a movement, struggling, surging, but dying. I wondered where John was, and could not at first find him. There seemed nothing but death. It frightened me that I could not find John as a human person. “Terrible,” I said to the watcher.

Leaning close I looked at the worn teeth and filmy eyes of the great body before me. “It is all dying,” I said. “Nothing left. A dead American body.” For there before me was not just John, but a whole nation dying - a reflection of all its ways and hopes. I felt hopeless in the face of such huge death, such enormous absence of life. Because I saw that this man was very learned, but all his knowledge had ben plastered on his surface, making this crust that had to be broken out of. Yet the eyes remained open and tried to look out at the world despite the thick white film of death across them. The lifeless would not stop looking at life. I felt I must comfort, and help it to die. With my fingers I closed the eyes, slowly recognising that the formless inner surging was already at work reshaping this being. The crust of the body was like the dry skin of a chrysalis. But the Caterpillar had to die, to sacrifice itself to the unknown, to emerge as a butterfly. This I told to that flicker of life – small pilot flame that needed to burn and digest - that was holding on, looking out of the dead eyes - the eyes closed. “You must die, and then we can bring you back to life. But you must trust for a little while. There is only a little bit left, all the rest is dead. It’s no good holding on to it, it’s no good. Let go of it. Die, and then we can bring you back to life.”

To digest we must offer the aspects that haven’t become a living part of you to that naked flame of Life, to the formless root of Kundalini, and become virgins, dropping all preconceptions.

Tony

Shirley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 01:27:45 PM »
 I had a dream where I was on holiday with my boyfriend and some friends of ours and we were on a big boat. Some of my friends were water skiing on this big boat and I remember being a bit anxious to do it my self but decided to try it out. I approached this old lady who was supervising the water skiing facility and she looked like a character from a tv show I like, she told me that i would be fine and that to watch out for the snakes if I fall in the water. Now I amnt afraid of snakes generally but I was scared in the dream because I could fall into the water with snakes! So I started water skiing and obviously I ended up falling in, but when I did fall in I was really deep under the water and it was clear blue colour, I noticed all these snakes (not sure what type) but they were all synchronised and swimming to me and approaching me quickly, I then decided to fast swim up to the surface and shouted for the old woman to help me out because loads of snakes were coming for me and when i was being pulled onto the boat the snakes heads were peaking on top of the water surface and then swam away. I just want to know if there’s any meaning behind this it was a bit strange to say the least.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 01:43:23 PM »
Shirley – From what I can gather of your dream, you have started on inner journey shared with many people. We all have an inner world that is quite distinct from the outer world we encounter with our physical senses. It is the world we meet when we have an emotional reaction, an idea, or close our eyes and live in our fantasies, imagination or dreams.

Your inner world is all your convictions, fears, beliefs and abilities and failings. Mostly people do not recognise they have an inner world because they are so focussed on the outer world, what they call the ‘real world’ – yet it is their inner world that forces them to see the outer world in a particular way. People take the views of the outer world – created by their inner world – as the truth. Like their view that the world is going to end and we will all be dead; that science is the answer to all human problems; that what they see through their body senses is the real world; that they know who they are; that we have the power to create every aspect of our life, and so on and on. Yet the most powerful influence on the outer ‘real’ world is their inner world.

From being influence by the way other people are relating to the ocean – but a mother -your mother? - figure is the main thing helping you to feel confident. You try skimming over the surface. So you dream about the sea, you may be accessing some aspect of this immensity you hold within you. When you do at times have some consciousness of this level of yourself, it is often experienced as a huge ocean of mind, the collective unconscious as Jung called it. It feels like nature’s memory, where all experience is stored. So in your dreams about the sea, you may be accessing some aspect of this immensity. But because you are facing tremendous depths of yourself not experienced before you may feel scared and rush to escape. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/the-unconscious-2/ - You will need to read the links I give to properly understand what is being presented. (Thanks A).

The snakes are expressions of the Life Will. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Important

They all facing you because you went through a barrier or threshold. It is a threshold which separated our awareness of being a person from a much bigger awareness of self. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program

When you went under the surface you went deeply into what is called the unconscious – your winder awareness. You entered a new dimension of yourself and so attracted the life energies the snakes. They were attracted to you because they cannot help but play a part in your life – they wish it enliven your whole being and lead you to a new life. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/extending-your-awareness/

The snake depicts this force, purpose or energy behind that power of growth and unfolding. It is the force of life, the latent energy or potential within us. It leads us both to growth and death, along with the passionate emotions and urges that drive us so powerfully. That energy, like electricity in a house, can be heat, power, sound or vision, and lies behind all our functions. So in some dreams the snake represents our sexuality; in others the rising of that energy up our body to express as digestion – the intestinal snake – or as the creative or poisonous energy of our emotions and thoughts, even disease. In the throat it becomes the destructive or constructive speech and language – expressed or repressed feelings and speech. In the head it becomes thinking, perception and higher cognition.

Best to let them in slowly so you can stand the transformation.

Tony
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:17:24 AM by Tony Crisp »

Shirley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 01:54:31 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply i really appretiate that http://www.islamicdreamsolutions.com/

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 10:30:10 AM »
Shirley - I looked at the link you gave, and I see it is only saying things that appear in peoples dreams without any exploration of what they mean - there is no insight into the symbols - just a statement of peoples fears.

For example - Snake in dream according to the light of teachings of Islam represents a strong enemy who is full of power to give you a bad battle to fight. He is just like a warrior who knows very well how to defeat its opponent. So, this is some sort of warning alert message for the dreamer to remain b careful in life about their surroundings.

But when we face such 'enemies' we discover the truth. Here is a woman's dream and what happened.

"I was in a room with lots of animals, suddenly a wild thing burst through the wall to the left. It was like a nightmare, because the creature rushed at me and it scared me and I woke up.

I used the technique Tony taught me and I became the wild thing and allowed it to come to me so I became it. Suddenly all fear disappeared and I was full of energy the sort of energy that could do anything and I felt powerful. The image of a fox in the hen house came to mind, but it did not feel harmful just full of life’s energy empowering me."

Here is another one.

Example: A dream told me by a woman I met in Mexico. She said that she dreamt a large snake was crawling up the bed and then bit her on her left breast. She said she then tried to suck out the poison.In the destructive aspect the snake represents the poisonous thoughts and emotions that can destroy us. We tend to depict this snake biting or attacking us, even though we have ourselves given rise to such poisonous emotions as hate and guilt. Because our life energy flows into thinking and emotions, we are in this way directing the creative force of life. Directing it negatively has the power to bring illness and death, for we are dealing with the power of life and death itself.

I asked her to explore the dream by imaging herself as the snake, feeling it biting her. The result was that a story unfolded. She had felt, rightly or wrongly, that her husband had been unfaithful, and she had felt bitter and revengeful. But instead of expressing those feelings they had turned inwards and poisoned her, leaving her depressed. So the snake was an image of her poison biting her and poisoning her life. So do not be afraid of a snake biting you. It is not dangerous. The dangerous part is avoiding the bite, because the poison stays in you unmet.

Tony

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 09:08:09 AM by Tony Crisp »