Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eagle  (Read 4833 times)

Mikey22

• View Profile
eagle
« on: August 27, 2016, 02:29:43 PM »
Dreamt that a friend of mine and myself were being held captive by an evil queen.  She told us she was sending an eagle to kill us, but if were were able to kill the eagle instead, she would spare our lives.  The eagle came, but was actually more of an angel.  She was a beautiful woman, with a complete human body and then also large wings that enabled her to fly in.  She clearly meant us harm, she had a sword in each hand as well as many knives holstered on her.  She attacked us but we were able to subdue and disarm her.  I frisked her for weapons and found various knives hidden on her person.  I remember thinking how beautiful she was.  I decided that I did not want to kill her, and that the queen would probably be more impressed if we were able to detain her and bring her before the queen alive.  That is what we decided to do, but the dream ended there.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: eagle
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 02:01:13 PM »
Mikey – Your dream says that you are experiencing an opposition between great forces that are usually unknown because we are not aware of them. Also they are active at all levels; your common human experience, the duality of human life, and the great universal forces in the universe that are behind our creation.

This is so important I will try to describe it, but it is in the symbols of a very ancient mythology, that are the great truth of our inner life; an inner life we all have but takes some digging and archaeology of human nature to expose.

The evil queen and the angelic being are both mother figures, seen in all the levels mentioned. Here is a report of a man recovering such within himself.

“The goddess was enthroned in the sky. I was lifted up beyond a starry heaven aflame with flickering northern lights. As I passed them I noticed a curious pattern in one of the bands, like a textile design. Yes, that was it, like the design on the hem of a skirt. Suddenly, to my chagrin, all became clear. This was a vestigial memory. The impression of being lifted into the sky was based on being picked up from the floor, my infant habitat. The mother of the sky was my own historical mother.”

My own experience - In the midst of this feeling of being alone, disconnected, not bonded with my mother, and starving to death, suddenly there was a change. I had the sense of a higher being understanding my condition, trying to help me. They engulfed me in a feeling of love. I felt this right through to the root of my being and immediately responded. The response was several loud cries of what sounded like a baby bawling. But as the baby I knew I was giving a signal that I was bonding. The cries were a bonding signal. I wouldn’t cry until I was in the presence of someone I could bond with. I felt my mother had been frightened of my weakness, had thought I was dying and had not opened her heart to me. So only now did I bond with this divine being. I knew someone loved me. I knew they understood what pain was and were not afraid of it or of death. This pierced me right through. I realised afterwards it was my grandmother, but to me it felt like some higher being who had reached out of the unknown to help me.

And why the evil mother? And why was the angel carrying swords and knives?

The evil mother is etched into us by the experience of the mother who makes human mistakes. “One patient saw the archetype in the guise of Kuan Yin, the Chinese goddess of mercy, but her face was distorted in cruel malice, and her robes and veils writhed and twisted in the gelid noiseless air.”

The sword carrying angel is part of our own mythology. “So He drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden the Cherubim and the flame of a sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of Life.”

The word he is mistranslated from Elohim which means the gods - in other words, the creative forces of the universe which where expressions of the creation taking place after the Big Bang. But our ancient mythology says that these forces have some level of intelligence, not in the way we use words as intelligent communications. It was a cherubim who had the sword. A “Cherub” is no mere symbol or figure; it is a “living” creature.

The cherubim have been described as having a human face, body of a bull, with feet of a lion with and wings folded back. Sphinx of Gizeh is the greatest, most perfect, and most ancient of all the images of a cherubim. As regards size, it is probably the largest symbolic Cherubim figure ever made, roughly 100 feet long by 70 feet high. As age, in an inscription on a stele of the time of the fourth dynasty (about 2,900 BC), discovered by Mariette, the Sphinx is spoken of as a monument which was accidentally discovered during some excavations for the reigning Pharaoh, buried under the sands of the desert. It had been buried and forgotten for long generations. Not even a legend of its existence remained. It is more than probable that when it was originally made, the waters of the Mediterranean lapped the feet of the huge rock from which it was carved, all the land forming the delta of the Nile having been washed down and deposited by the river since that time.

In all, it is a part our own ancient vision of this fact of nature. I am guessing, from the ancient mythology it simply means that the “earthy” sign, the bull, ox, or calf, represented the physical body of man; the lion represented the animal passions of man; the man’s face represented the human qualities of mind and intelligence; while the eagle’s wings represent the spiritual aspirations of man his means of attaining to heavenly and eternal “Life.

But eternal physical life was to be guarded against. For Adam – humanity – if they were able to ‘eat and live for ever’ as warned in Genesis, for eternity in the body was seen as an awful way, to be cut off from the Core self forever and so walk on in ignorance of who we really are.

This is but a glimpse, but to really understand the two women figures I feel you must explore by being them as described in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson and maybe read http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/sword-which-turned-every-way/

In all I feel you must not be led into seeing either as an enemy, and not to take sides, but to stand your ground and demand that they explain themselves, for they are full of important information. For why should you take the angel before an evil queen?

Tony

Mikey22

• View Profile
Re: eagle
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 03:11:09 AM »
Thanks Tony, this is a lot to take in.  I will do my homework and get back.